Tony Blair vs Ireland (1 Viewer)

Jerry Twig

Supporter
Solutions
They keep that one quiet, don't they?!

Both Whelan and Hoolahan injured - what will Dunphy have to complain about now? I;d trade that in a heartbeat to have Coleman and McCarthy back.

Man, I am really looking to this one.

Ireland vs John Anderson

550w_showbiz_ds_icon_john_anderson_01.jpg

Seeing as how interest in the Irish national team is spiking again, I predict a dour 0-0 draw.. Robbie Brady looked good at left back against Liverpool (although it was as a wing-back in a back 5), wonder if he could dislodge the indomitable Stephen Ward for Ireland. Brady / O' Shea / Wilson / Coleman has a promising look to it.

I heard Brady played well, didn't see it, but also didn't realise he was slotted in at left back. Interesting.
I definitely can't see MON dropping Ward though if he held his own against the World Champions. More likely I could see Brady coming in on the left, interchangeable with McClean, and McGeady being deployed again in the middle, not that I'd favour it.

Forde
Coleman O'Shea Wilson Ward
McClean Gibson McCarthy Brady
McGeady
Keane

I heard Brady played well, didn't see it, but also didn't realise he was slotted in at left back. Interesting.
I definitely can't see MON dropping Ward though if he held his own against the World Champions. More likely I could see Brady coming in on the left, interchangeable with McClean, and McGeady being deployed again in the middle, not that I'd favour it.

Forde
McGeady
Keane
I'd say Hoolihan will start and McGeady will be on the wing again but that's probably the team he'll put out. Keane might actually do alright against the Scots because they aren't great at the back but I'd stll rather see Long up front. Gibson hasn't played a whole lot for us this season and it's hard to see him getting a run until Barry gets the first of his usual 4 bans a season and or Besic gets an injury, Myler maybe i the middle with McCarthy ? He did well at full back against Germany. Good engine hard grafter and Hull do play good football.

I'd say Hoolihan will start and McGeady will be on the wing again but that's probably the team he'll put out. Keane might actually do alright against the Scots because they aren't great at the back but I'd stll rather see Long up front. Gibson hasn't played a whole lot for us this season and it's hard to see him getting a run until Barry gets the first of his usual 4 bans a season and or Besic gets an injury, Myler maybe i the middle with McCarthy ? He did well at full back against Germany. Good engine hard grafter and Hull do play good football.

Hoolahan is injured. Hendrick and Quinn would be ahead of Meyler in the central midfield pecking order. As much as I like Meyler, why would be get a start ahead of Gibson when he's even less of a chance of starting at club level these days? I don't think Gibson will be omitted cos he's not starting for Everton in any case.

Forde
McGeady
Keane

I think if that lineup played Brady and McClean would switch wings, Brady seems more skilful and better able to get the ball inside so he could cross with his good foot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back