Buying second hand cameras? (1 Viewer)

jonah

Anyone got any tips/places to buy second hand film SLRs? I'm looking for a Nikon FE or a Canon AE-1.

Camera Exchange have a pile of SLR cameras though they're a wee bit pricey. Life Thru A Lens on Ebay UK are pretty decent too, everythings guaranteed and cleaned etc. Postage is real cheap too.

items in life thru a lens photography store on eBay!

I'd recommend camping out on eBay though, keep an eye on auction items that are ending. I got a Canon EOS 300 with a kit lens for £5 about two years ago, have used it constantly since as my main film camera.

^ thanks a million! I'll keep an eye on those sites :)

I do. I just finished a darkroom course, so am excited to get going, as long as I don't make a massive balls of it and turn my finances into a large mess of unholy nothing. I also have a lot of room in my house, so thought about trying to develop from home.

Will have a look at those cameras! They all seem to be in decent condition from that shop!

Have a look at rangefinders as well. There are some great deals here too.

Yashica Lynx 5000 35mm film Rangefinder Camera. items in life thru a lens photography store on eBay!

If you're interested in taking a step into 120 film this would be a decent starter camera.

I haven't priced them in a while but it looks pretty on the level. Pity film processing is so fucking expensive though.

Do you have access to a dark room Jonah ?

Any particular rangefinders you'd recommend?

Any particular rangefinders you'd recommend?
Anything Russian. Fed especially. Basically Russians don't give two fucks about patents held by western companies. So the Fed is the Russian copy of the Leica. They're great and about one hundredth the price of a Leica. The lenses aren't quite Karl Zeiss standard but I think you can get an adaptor ring to mount them, if you want to spend the cash on a Leica lens. Over all the cameras are excellent.

Here's notable lefty and painter of some sort Pablo Picasso proudly showing his off

PicassoandFed2.jpg

My lady picked one up in Russia for me for the equivilent of a tenner there are fucking millions of them out there. They're great.

FED (camera) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Cheers, there's a few Fed4s on that ebay page but none with lenses.

I do. I just finished a darkroom course, so am excited to get going, as long as I don't make a massive balls of it and turn my finances into a large mess of unholy nothing. I also have a lot of room in my house, so thought about trying to develop from home.

Will have a look at those cameras! They all seem to be in decent condition from that shop!

35mm is great in fact - if I had the space and time I'd sell every piece of digital equipment I have and go back to shooting on my FEDII. It's great craic.

I wouldn't worry too much about developing right now, if you're starting out I'd buy an enlarger like one of these

and some baths etc.

But get your film professionally processed to begin with. It's expensive but there's nothing more disheartening than shooting a load of stuff and then screwing it up during the processing stage. I'm also not sure how to dispose of the chemicals so that might be worth looking into before you go down that road.

What the fuck, where are my ebay links disappearing to?

Looks like Pete's auto embedding is acting up again.

Can you recommend a cheap enough lens to go along with one of those Fed-4 cameras? Think I shall get on this train.

Looks like Pete's auto embedding is acting up again.

Can you recommend a cheap enough lens to go along with one of those Fed-4 cameras? Think I shall get on this train.
Unfortunately no I can't. Mine came as a set I think you can get old Leica lenses and if so anything by Karl Zeiss. But price wise you could be talking about anything from a fiver on up to hundreds given the fact that these are essentially collectors items. So thread carefully.

Down the drain. Let Irish water deal with it.
Grand for Irish water fuck them but not great for your internal pipes. The major problem is the gradual build up of silver in your pipes. which would cause blockages.

Photographic Materials » Environmental Health & Safety » University of Florida

This seems to be the most well written piece I could find on the subject. That's Florida. Thlorida!!

Also you really need a well ventilated room, not easy to achieve whle keeping it light tight.

Our fans in college packed up once the migranes I got were fucking nasty.

RE: digital models. Find out the names of ones that were cutting edge two years ago but are out of fashion now (but still really good). there is always some online store stuck with 20 of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back