• Replies 116
  • Views 7K
  • Watchers 3

GO

Now Is Go
Supporter
Solutions
Right..I have seen fucking ghosts.

I'm an atheist..my daughter is in an atheist school.I don't believe in magic.

BUT I HAVE SEEN A GHOST.

I just saw this..and don't mind the actual photo..but the ghost in it is IDENTICAL to the one I seen in Liams gaf in Ramelton,Donegal...a msasive big 200 year old gaf on the main street by the river..a decade ago.I can still picture it.And that wasnt the first I'd seen.But it was the first where I was a fully realised person with the nous to decipher whats real and isnt.

I was a bit gargled alright..but apart from that ..nothing.And the man himself said his granny haunted the place day and night.It had something like 19 rooms.

I woke up at 4.47 am ,hungover to fuck and needing a slash,and saw a big black spectre..come in the door and float above me..and then float back out from whence it came.

tumblr_nbpb85vvRv1qlq9poo2_500.gif

I regularly go Ghost hunting..sleeping in ancient graveyards etc.Only Friday night I got a great tip pn a place To go Melefont Abbey in louth.Supposed to be haunted to fuck.

Have you ever seen a ghost?

The Giros's (the Plaza one)building was haunted,I'm sure. There was loads of stories of the building being empty,all locked up and someone watching out the windows. Of course there were loads of noises and stuff,but it was an old building that could have done with some repair,so that probably explained that.
Doesn't explain the time a band I was in was practicing,the building was empty when we arrived and was locked from the inside so no one could get in. But,a few of us,including myself are sure,like really really sure, someone was watching us from the door of the venue. Went to see who it was and the building was empty apart from us.

I'm generally not a believer but that was an odd experience.

The world's a grave yard, everywhere should be haunted on the law of averages. People have died on most patches of ground, whether there's a spooky old building there or not.

There should be animal ghosts all over the place. The bacteria that lived in my toilet before the last bleaching should be rattling their chains. Where are the ghost badgers on our roads? Or all those spiders and flies that have been swatted? Why doesn't an accusing cow spectre manifest by my dinner table, its haunted eyes burrowing into my figurative soul?

Also, why do you assume that something that you'be seen really existed outside your head? Hallucinations are exceptionally common, do you think you have experienced a ghost mobile phone when you get that phantom vibration feeling in your pocket? (Oo-er missus!) Or that you've time travelled when you experience déjà vu? Why do presume that the most likely cause for a visual experience is a ghost?

There are no ghosts.
There's no God.
Oswald killed Kennedy.

The world is scary and magical enough without needing to invent things.
Okay so

For the record

I've seen more evidence of ghosts than Oswald acting alone in the assassination of Kennedy. Just sayin'

Also I haven't seen a ghost by my sister has. When we were kids I woke up because she was having a fully fledged conversation with some one. Although I could only hear her side of it. I got up to see who she was talking to and found her alone in her room when I asked who she was talking to she said the woman at the end of her bed.

I just said okay and went back to sleep. Next day she described her dead great grandmother to my mother in eery detail. True story. Weird as fuck but this did happen.

Had one group based experience that we've never fully been able to account for or explain but then we are humans and don't understand everything and shouldn't immediately think everything we don't comprehend is a zombie. People want there to be ghosts though. Another dimension. Afterlives, heaven. then pricks like derek acorah make money.

Unless your great grandmother faked her own death in some elaborate insurance scam and spent the time away learning break-in skills for geriatrics, your sister never saw her.

I didn't say she did. I said that story happened.

The world's a grave yard, everywhere should be haunted on the law of averages. People have died on most patches of ground, whether there's a spooky old building there or not.

There should be animal ghosts all over the place. The bacteria that lived in my toilet before the last bleaching should be rattling their chains. Where are the ghost badgers on our roads? Or all those spiders and flies that have been swatted? Why doesn't an accusing cow spectre manifest by my dinner table, its haunted eyes burrowing into my figurative soul?

Also, why do you assume that something that you'be seen really existed outside your head? Hallucinations are exceptionally common, do you think you have experienced a ghost mobile phone when you get that phantom vibration feeling in your pocket? (Oo-er missus!) Or that you've time travelled when you experience déjà vu? Why do presume that the most likely cause for a visual experience is a ghost?
Yeah I probably agree with you I've hallucinated loads in the past. It's often very similar to what people describe as ghosts.
So is there any scientific reason why different people would experience the same hallucination based on location for example ?

On the other hand just because something has been mislabeled (for want of a better word) doesn't mean it's not a real thing.

So for example

17th century - People hearing voices in their heads ? AH, Demonic possession !!!!! Kill them all!!!!

19th century - So actually, it's more likely that those demons were psychological disorders and people suffering them don't deserve death. But Lock them all up because fuck it they might still kill us all!!!!!!

20th century - Okay so we know it's not demons, but the voices are still real for the people suffering them so lets try lashing chemicals into folks til they stop.

So if all Ghosts are actually hallucinations then at least on some level, artistically or culturally ghosts are real. If you get me.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Look lads..I'm no stranger to hallucinating.

I know what I saw.

I don't believe in heaven or hell or any of that....but I saw wha I saw Aged 31 approx.

ANd Cornus point is valid..why dont I see the ghosts of amoebas and spiders and germs and shit.

Probably cos they're not on my ghosty radar.I don't even know if they have souls.

Do germs have souls?

Thats outside my scope of knowledge

I feel sory for the people that dont see apparitions.
Yer obviously not worth a wank to them that live in the NEXT DIMENSION.

Note to self..call next band THE NEXT DIMENSION

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back