Sexism & racism & homophobia, god help us (1 Viewer)

Harry Redknapp offers bizarre defence of Malky Mackay.
‘He hasn’t murdered anyone, he hasn’t raped anyone and he is not a paedophile’.
QPR manager Harry Redknapp offered a bizarre defence of under-fire former Cardiff manager Malky Mackay, saying: “He hasn’t murdered anyone, he hasn’t raped anyone and he is not a paedophile.”
Mackay and his former head of recruitment Iain Moody are alleged to have shared racist, sexist and homophobic texts when they worked together at the Welsh club.
The Scot has apologised for the messages he sent but drew further criticism after a statement issued on his behalf by the League Managers’ Association on Thursday night said they were intended as “friendly text banter”. The LMA has subsequently apologised for the tone of its first statement.
News that the English Football Association was investigating the exchange prompted Crystal Palace to drop their interest in appointing Mackay as their new manager, but Redkapp does not believe these allegations “should finish his life”.
“What I would say is that Malky Mackay has made a big mistake,” Redknapp said.
“I don’t know the other lad (Moody) but what they have done is not right. Malky is a great lad, a family man and a real football man, he has made mistakes and people make mistakes in life.
“Suddenly everyone is an angel, he made a big mistake the lad but it shouldn’t finish his life. He is a good manager and I feel bad for what he has done but I bet no one is feeling as bad as him or his family today.
“I’m not condoning what he has done but show me someone who has ever made a mistake and I will show you a liar. He hasn’t murdered anyone, he hasn’t raped anyone and he is not a paedophile.”
With the cloud hanging over Mackay it could be difficult for the former Norwich and West Ham defender to find another managerial position any time soon.
But Redknapp wants to see him given a reprieve at some point in the future: “It is going to take time,” he said.
“People get second chances in life who have committed bad crimes – he has made a mistake but we aren’t going to hang him for it are we?
“Hopefully he will learn from what he has done but everyone does the tweeting and texting. I don’t send text messages, but I do receive them with sick jokes. I don’t read them, they make me ill.
“He is a good person underneath all that and I hope he comes back, I can’t feel how he must be suffering for the big mistake he has made.”
I read that the other day and I could just imagine the words comng out of his thick pig ignorant head. It was torturous. Can't wait to hear Rio Ferdinands reasoned response to all of it.

Out of interest, did this guy go under investigation after a public statement he consented to or after a massively intrusive leak of his private text messages?

Out of interest, did this guy go under investigation after a public statement he consented to or after a massively intrusive leak of his private text messages?

It was down to an internal investigation by his former employers into communications sent and received using company owned phones and computers, both Mackay and Ian Moody who was the other party in the communications were employees of the club using club resources. He sued for wrongful termination and Cardiff's lawyers went through everything with a fine toothed comb.

It was down to an internal investigation by his former employers into communications sent and received using company owned phones and computers, both Mackay and Ian Moody who was the other party in the communications were employees of the club using club resources. He sued for wrongful termination and Cardiff's lawyers went through everything with a fine toothed comb.

Right. If you're gonna call someone a a gay snake, use your gmail on your own phone.

Ah I'm just trying to think my way through a few things, not accusing anyone of anything.

Not having a go at you, I was perhaps over harshly pooh-poohing any suggestion that Mackay has any right to feel wronged here.

The racism/sexism stuff is the immediate headline grabber, and can probably just be presented as is, but the investigation also turned up some interesting details of player transfer dealings which on the face of it at least look unusual (additional fees paid to an agent amounting to 100% of the transfer fee paid for a player for example) and which I've read are being investigated further.

Under FA rules Cardiff are obligated to report this sort of stuff to the FA, but whether they had to leak it to the press as well is another matter I suppose. They also may have sat on the report until just before the deadline for giving it to the FA, which was also just as Mackay was about to be offered a new job (at the same club that Ian Moody had gone on to work for.)

Deadly read

This Is Katie F-​-​-ing Ledecky: A Thesis About Kicking Ass «

This is a column about Katie Ledecky. It has a simple thesis. The thesis is that Katie Ledecky kicks ass.

The thesis is a gasoline fireball from which Katie Ledecky is walking away in slow motion, too cool to look back.

The thesis is the world-rippling blast from the engine of the F-18 that Katie Ledecky is flying with one hand.

The thesis is the tiny gleam at the corner of the smirk on Katie Ledecky’s face one second before she disarms the pirate captain and stabs him in the heart.

Katie Ledecky is 17 years old.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back