Does the Marquee in Cork really check for ID? If you were 17, could you get in to see a gig? (1 Viewer)

Sort of true story but I used to hear rumours that young lads who were trying to get into night clubs in Tullamore years ago used to darken up their bum fluff with eyeliner to make it look like they had a beard.
We used to draw a tash on our tallest mate with eyeliner so he’d get served in offies when we were younger. Mixed results.

We used to draw a tash on our tallest mate with eyeliner so he’d get served in offies when we were younger. Mixed results.

I had a pink Garda ID that said I was born in 1981. I sort of drew a 0 over the 1. It worked a lot of the time because I think the bouncers must have felt kind of sorry for me. It looked really shitty.

I had a pink Garda ID that said I was born in 1981. I sort of drew a 0 over the 1. It worked a lot of the time because I think the bouncers must have felt kind of sorry for me. It looked really shitty.
I had one of those European Student fake id’s. They were clear plastic and looked sort of fancy but were actually dogshit and most bouncers knew about them. Also, my mate had bitten mine so it had teethmarks on it.

I had one of those European Student fake id’s. They were clear plastic and looked sort of fancy but were actually dogshit and most bouncers knew about them. Also, my mate had bitten mine so it had teethmarks on it.

I used to borrow my next door neighbour's green over 18s id sometimes and stick my picture on over the top with a sheet of contact. It looked fucking desperate.

A friend of mine complained to a guard on the street that she had been refused entry to a night club Mullingar for being underage, and she under age at time. She swore to the guard that she was 18 and she was taken off the garda station where she was given a note written in pencil signed and stamped by the guard stating that she was 18. It actually worked, and she was able to help out others by rubbing out her name and replacing it with the name of whoever needed it (until it became to tattered)

There was a pub in Tullamore that used to be notorious for underage drinking. It was eventually shut down because some 16 year old girl came home hammered drunk from the place so her da complained to the guards about it. When the guards investigated they found out the pub had been running for about 3 years at that stage without any license.

There was a pub in Tullamore that used to be notorious for underage drinking. It was eventually shut down because some 16 year old girl came home hammered drunk from the place so her da complained to the guards about it. When the guards investigated they found out the pub had been running for about 3 years at that stage without any license.

the harriers?

the harriers?

No, the long fella, used to be called McCormacks.
Think it might have been called the muddy duck when it was shut down.
Don't know how it took the guards so long to realise they didn't have a licence. They used to be raiding it on a semi regular basis. I remember being in there one night and about 20 guards arrived in to the place with sniffer dogs and searched every single person, made several arrests that night too. They'd clearly had their eye on the pub for a while

The harriers was shut down a few years back. They never got their licence renewed. I think the guards and the ambulance service put in an objection based on the number of call outs they were getting to the place every saturday night

No, the long fella, used to be called McCormacks.
Think it might have been called the muddy duck when it was shut down.
Don't know how it took the guards so long to realise they didn't have a licence. They used to be raiding it on a semi regular basis. I remember being in there one night and about 20 guards arrived in to the place with sniffer dogs and searched every single person, made several arrests that night too. They'd clearly had their eye on the pub for a while

The harriers was shut down a few years back. They never got their licence renewed. I think the guards and the ambulance service put in an objection based on the number of call outs they were getting to the place every saturday night

ah yeah, manleys of portarlington, the harriers and spice in portlaoise. simpler times..

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back