When did everyone in this country become completey incompetent? (1 Viewer)

Mormon Nailer

Supporter
Website
skin-of-our-teeth.blogspot.com
Seriously.

Was it this bad before I left - I don't remember it being this bad.
Just everyone being cheerfully incompetent, and not even good enough at what they do to realise they are completely useless and unprofessional.

I just paid a fucking fortune to have my car serviced. Every time the kid in the garage promised to call he forgot.

"We'll pick up the car tomorrow, I'll call you when the guy is on the way!
Nope
"I'll call you to let you know when we'll be finished"
Nope
"I'll call you to let you know when we have the part"
Nope
"I'll call you to let you know when we can pick up the car...again"
Nope

Only call the fucker actually remembered was to call for the credit card number.

What's worse he hadn't a clue he was actually terrible at his job. He thought he was friendly and casual and I was a cunt for hounding him for information.

The previous main dealer was a grumpy ould fecker - but he was efficient and never gave the car back to me unwashed.

The girl from the hotel - the "co-ordinator" is incapable of using the "reply all" button. This is just good manners.

"We'll pick up the car tomorrow, I'll call you when the guy is on the way!
Nope
"I'll call you to let you know when we'll be finished"
Nope
"I'll call you to let you know when we have the part"
Nope
"I'll call you to let you know when we can pick up the car...again"
Nope

These are things that people say to get you off the phone.

If the cunt has may car for a service and it's approaching 5 o'clock you'd think it might occur to him that I be curious as to whether or not I had to walk home or not.

I think it would be nice for you should that to occur to him.

But these guys at dealers are mentally clocked out at 4.

It's been my experience that you have to stay on them.

I'm not disagreeing that you had poor customer service, but it's the norm with these guys. Especially if they are any way busy.

Next you'll be expecting a worker in a Café to act polite to you. ARE WE AMERICAN NOW???
I'm old enough and cranky enough to think that this is a reasonable expectation.

I went for a meal (Texas Steakout - name & shame time) last month with the significant other and el nino.
Arrived in early on a Monday or Tuesday - there were very few people there.
Manager/host guy was pricking around with something behind the counter which was clearly more important to him than customers
"I'll be with you in a minute!"
After 5 minutes waiting in a empty restaurant he comes back
(at this point both the SO and I were ready to walk out)]
He shows us to a table, right beside the only other people in the restaurant - RIGHT FUCKING BESIDE
Plops the menus on the table and fucks off without even looking at me to check whether the table was OK
I call him back.
"Can we take this one over here?"
He doesn't actually walk back but hollers from the other side of the room that for some unknown reason that table is vital to his future plans

So now I'm a cranky cunt...

Nailer's rule of restaurants: If they don't sit you at the best available table then they haven't a clue what they are doing and you should just walk out. And if you don't you will wish you had.

So, did you walk out? I hope you did. In my 40s now I'm being more assertive about this shit, or trying to be. Tell people what you want, and if they won't give it to you try elsewhere ... difficult though to fuck off when the service is too slow if your kids are already half an hour hungrier and crankier than they were when you arrived

Here I am waiting patiently for a hot towel shave

At this stage the towel was cold and I had entered a zen-like state of resignation

4f107b5c25a56cb7a4fe603ee7ec0569.jpg

He eventually got to me..he was embarrassed and he muttered something about it being better to leave the towel on for a long time as it makes for a better shave, then he cut me open. lots of blood

And yet when it came to paying I found myself automatically tipping the guy

I'm an idiot

You are paying for a service and it should be done in a timely matter. When delay starts to impact on your schedule, they should at least apologise and/or let you know why and reestimate the time needed. That's just good business. Leaving people in the dark and ignoring them is horrible business. I'm with you 100%, Morman. I'm a patient person, understanding that shit happens and never demand anything but this is just getting ridiculous. I am beginning to understand the 'rude American' thing because it gets things done. The inefficiency and incompetence I have endured the last six months is outstanding, I'm becoming someone I hate out of frustration. I actually uttered the words, "This is unacceptable" to someone the other day.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back