Can we have a guitar pedals thread? (2 Viewers)

MilanPan!c

Please :)

What's everyone into now?

Anyone got anything cool coming to them?

I am about to get one of these

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

What's your current set up?

It's pretty simple, but all nice stuff.

Basically I have a Kingsley Minstrel and a Himmelstrutz C'Luxe. And a Timmy.

The Echolution 2 actually does chorus and tremolo as much as I'll ever need.

The main things I want are a Cali 76 compressor, and a volume pedal.

Once I was finally got an amp I loved it got a lot easier.

So you're using nothing now?

Well not exactly nothing.

I use a two channel combo (either a marshall jcm800 4211 combo or a laney LC30) and switch between the clean & overdrive channels. The 4 main sounds would be:
The Clean channel
The Clean channel with the boost on for gritty break up
The overdrive channel
The overdrive channel with the boost on for extra drive and sustain.

Boss TU2 tuner >Marshall Bluesbreaker 2 set to boost > Cry baby > Boss TR2 Tremolo > Marshall regenerator (€30 in the music maker sale) > Boss DD6 digital delay & the spring reverb on the amp.

Well not exactly nothing.

I use a two channel combo (either a marshall jcm800 4211 combo or a laney LC30) and switch between the clean & overdrive channels. The 4 main sounds would be:
The Clean channel
The Clean channel with the boost on for gritty break up
The overdrive channel
The overdrive channel with the boost on for extra drive and sustain.

Boss TU2 tuner >Marshall Bluesbreaker 2 set to boost > Cry baby > Boss TR2 Tremolo > Marshall regenerator (€30 in the music maker sale) > Boss DD6 digital delay & the spring reverb on the amp.

Ha! No not exactly nothing.

I use a Gregorious combo. Best amp I've owned, since well... Maybe ever. Amazing thing.

I can't really... I'm a delay nut and tend to run through the higher end pedals. The only high end ones I haven't owned are a TES and an Echoczar.

I had a el Cap and a Timeline. Both were pretty great, but after a while uninspiring. Thus the Echolution 2.

I was in a band with a guy who used to go through incredible amounts of equipment. Like if you break up the FX thing, overdrive, modulation, delay, wha ect...he would go through almost ever brand in each category looking for the right pedals. Even different turners.

I was in a band with a guy who used to go through incredible amounts of equipment. Like if you break up the FX thing, overdrive, modulation, delay, wha ect...he would go through almost ever brand in each category looking for the right pedals. Even different turners.

My bandies accuse me of that and though I do go through a lot of drive pedals I just smile because I see a lot of other boards and know a lot of guitarists and I'm pretty mild. Only because I'm broke though ;)

I could easily spend 6-7k on a board, if I had the cash.

I've haven't heard an overdrive pedal that sounds as good as the drive channel on my JCM800.

That timmy pedal, is it a clear boost?

I've haven't heard an overdrive pedal that sounds as good as the drive channel on my JCM800.

That timmy pedal, is it a clear boost?

I'd put my Himmelstrutz or my Kingleys up against most gain channels. The Himmelstrutz is just the best Marshall in a box going - should be at the price and the builder is a mad reclusive Swedish genius. The Kingsley pedal is basically an amp on it's own, and it sounds like it. Best EQ on any pedal I've heard.

The Timmy is often used as a clean boost onto a edge-of-breakup amp, but can get plenty dirty.

Very unique circuit in some ways. Kinda a transparent sparkle drive. Kinda.

Sounds expensive

Ehh well. It is in a way but in another way I don't have nine gain pedals and three delays and 2 reverbs. I'm not running two H9s and a rack. And on and on.

My current board is

Tuner drive drive drive delay tremolo amp and is worth about 12-1300. Not a fortune, but not cheap. Sounds amazing and won't die on the road.

3 different drive pedals?

Himmelstrutz into the Kingsley into the Timmy.

I tend to use the Timmy as a slight grit when I don't want a sterile clean sound - I run my amp very clean.

The Kingsley is a VERY uncompressed overdrive/distortion and is great for chord-y distortion. Amazing really.

The C'Luxe is a dimed modern Marshall-esque sound which I stack with the Kingsley. Heavenly. Fucking stupidly amazing sound.

Everyone takes a step back when I step on that ;)

I do get the whole stylization of overdrive sounds especially if you doing your own thing, recording ect. The differences are tiny but massively important. One thing I've noticed is some people don't want to be seen with a big dumb rock amp like a marshall but spend a fortune getting an OD pedal that sounds like a marshall. I get the perception thing as well, I don't care how great a BC Rich warlock sounds I'm not using one.

I do get the whole stylization of overdrive sounds especially if you doing your own thing, recording ect. The differences are tiny but massively important. One thing is some people don't want to be seen with a big dumb rock amp like a marshall but spend a fortune getting an OD pedal that sounds like a marshall.

Ha!

Yes. My amp is relatively small (a good thing for gigs,) but records really big. Best of both worlds. ;)

I spend a lot of time in my studio - my day job - and am forever fucking with guitar sounds. I think my current rig gets all the drive I need; saying that there's many many many drive pedals I'd love to own - many more delay and modulation and synth and filter pedals as well. But you know - money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back