Bob Dylan Appreciation thread (2 Viewers)

23295-large.jpg

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1roDK4949kg"]YouTube- Talkin' Bear Mountain Picnic Massacre Blues (Bob Dylan)[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVs6X9yIM_k"]YouTube- Bob Dylan - Must Be Santa[/ame]

I'm not there is great. No Direction Home is great. Don't look Back is great. Every album prior to the eighties is great and after 2000 are very good, nearly great. the only thing he's ever done that was truly shit was having a son and the eighties.

Not mad about that new one. I've had Sweetheart Like You stuck in my head the last couple of weeks for some reason. I think ronan collins might have played it

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Not mad about that new one. I've had Sweetheart Like You stuck in my head the last couple of weeks for some reason. I think ronan collins might have played it

Ronan Collins is great. Some great songs on Infidels, but there's something about it that I never took too. Probably the production or something. I really like the sound of the musicians on the new one

Ronan Collins is great. Some great songs on Infidels, but there's something about it that I never took too. Probably the production or something. I really like the sound of the musicians on the new one
The production is gack alright. I'm always surprised when his songs get in my head. They sound like a load of tuneless babbling and yet they're full of catchy hooks.

Ronan Collins in the afternoon on Radio 1?

Isn't that for grannies?

Ha! Yeah. 12.00-1.00pm. But he's a refuge from the otherwise dire daytime radio schedules. Plays mainly old stuff - Dylan, Van, Leonard Cohen, Kinks, Irish stuff, Showband stuff, some jazz, blues and soul. Not always the hits either. My Mam who is a granny loves the show...

Actually, I think its the good production on that new tune that has me wary of it. Mississippi was another insanely catchy one that I heard first from Ronan Collins

The production is gack alright. I'm always surprised when his songs get in my head. They sound like a load of tuneless babbling and yet they're full of catchy hooks.

Ha! Like this!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I picked up the new album today, I hadn't intended to but it was on in tower and the song Scarlet Town caught my ears. It's nice enough, all a little bit polite maybe. In general I like the slower songs, the upbeat ones are all skiffly, bluesey stuff, but the slow ones are good. The vinyl edition comes with a cd too but due to my current domestic arrangements I had to download it illegally when I got home so that I could play it off my phone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back