Deadwood (1 Viewer)

I agree that the guy who plays Bullock is one of the lesser actors on the show, he looks the part but he's kind of stiff and one-note a lot of the time.. I'm a couple of episodes into the Season 3 DVD at the moment, I thought Season 2 got bogged down a bit in some fiddly storylines relating to the less-interesting characters (after the first Season being amazing) but the third one seems better so far.

Yeah I didn't really give a shit about Joanie/Mr. Dental Veneers/Veronica Mars and I hope Joanie doesn't take up to much time in this season.

Every scene with Wu is gold. The bit where Swearengen meets George Hearst and tells Wu to say Cocksucker is one of my funniest TV moments ever. Also this...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This is the peak of television.

pretty sure i've moaned about this show here before, but season 1 was pretty great,
season 2 + 3 totally boring. intend to rewatch again though. like was mentioned
before, i found myself not caring in the slightest about large chunks of the show.
it's no come dine with me, y'know?

just rewatched john from cincinnati the other week...i enjoy it, but it's pretty all over
the place.

like was mentioned
before, i found myself not caring in the slightest about large chunks of the show.

Finding that on the latter parts of Season 2. Helps that I've no idea what's going on about a third of the time. Something with the Pinkerton school mistress and Montana/Dakota/the Comissioner/telegraph man/Silas/the what now? I feel like my Mom watching The Usual Suspects.

Finished S2. Think you guys are being overly harsh. So many quotables! If you could buy the scripts in a book, I would.

Sol Starr is pretty much Rick Danko, isn't he? It's a couple of years since I played The Band's eponymous one but I think I'll be regularly spinning it watching this show.

pretty sure i've moaned about this show here before, but season 1 was pretty great,
season 2 + 3 totally boring. intend to rewatch again though. like was mentioned
it's no come dine with me, y'know?

just rewatched john from cincinnati the other week...i enjoy it, but it's pretty all over
the place.

My biggest problem is that the second season builds to this enormous crescendo and then just peters out.

What's that John From Cincinnati - one of the record shops nearby has the box set for cheap - worth picking up?

it's david milch's show after deadwood. it's about a family of surfers and the arrival of a mysterious stranger, John...from Cincinatti!!!

i think a lot of it is improvised towards the end

Finally finished all of these. The penultimate episode was an absoute corker by the finale was a bit meh. That Hearst is a fantastically repulsive baddie.

check out John From Cincinnati when you are done. More David Milch gold.

Deadwood is ten years old.

The Wire and The Sopranos are probably "better", but nothing will ever come close to Deadwood for me.

I loved the line from Ian McShane in a Grauniad interview last year:
"I'll catch it on TV sometimes and get drawn in. It was not good. It was fucking brilliant."

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back