Deals on strings? (1 Viewer)

GARYXKNIFEDX

Solutions
Website
Visit site
I know this has been mentioned before,I think ebay was mentioned a lot,but I can't use ebay.

Anyway,where's cheap to buy strings in bulk? I've tons of individual strings I need to match up into sets,but some are ancient so may be corroded. So I probably need to buy a bunch of individual strings first to complete the sets rather than just 10 sets of strings or whatever.

Thanks.

I'd just fuck out all the old ones and by 10 sets new and be done with it.Not worth the hassle.

I get mine on ebay..but that strings.ie is good.I got bass strings off them at a great price before.

Most of the old ones are fine,and there's a lot as I used to break strings like crazy, and for some reason in belfast at the time,nowhere seemed to sell strings individually(or didn't have what I needed when I tried to),it would definitely be worth buying individual strings.

X music has 11 sets for 46 euro.

Strings.ie is 39.90 plus postage of 3 or 6 euro for 10 sets.

some are ancient so may be corroded.

Thanks.

throw them. the analogy i used to use for students is the signpost. if you hit a sign post with a coin, i makes a decent 'ping'. If its corroded its some kind limp 'thunk' and bit falls off. this is rusty strings.

they sound great on bass though.

throw them. the analogy i used to use for students is the signpost. if you hit a sign post with a coin, i makes a decent 'ping'. If its corroded its some kind limp 'thunk' and bit falls off. this is rusty strings.

they sound great on bass though.
I'm not a fan of crusty bass strings

I'm not a fan of crusty bass strings

Fair enough. I'm not sure if i'm a fan, or they are what i made myself like because they were 30euro to replace when i was doing loads of bass shows. If i'm going to the studio i change them up. on the other hand our guy only uses flats, which sound like dead strings and they sound amazing tracked.

Yeah..I reckon playing in the band..crusty is grand..but for tracking..crusty round wounds are a bit miserable.I'm currently rocking a set of the very same..I'm hoping me girlfriend will buy me set for chrimbo..thats what she got me last year.

An excellent present.

Any corroded ones will be going,(although I could just use them for playing at home and save the good ones). Still will possibly be left with sets missing a string or two after matching everything up. Looks like a bunch of "D" strings are needed or starters.

I'll probably end up buying a set of 11 in X music,and then picking up individual ones every now and again when/as I need them.

Don't think I'll find much better.

No,I play 10's. 9's on the strat though(probably just use 10's when I use the last couple of sets I have though,just to keep it simple).

11 sets for 46euro in x Music.

Depends on the brand tbh I got some D'addarios 10s a while ago and they're shite for getting intonation right on bends when compared to say Ernie Balls or Gibson Brights - they just take so much evvort to bend up say 2 steps. I swore I'd never buy another set of them again.

I'd say if you know the strings and have played them before and they work for you go for it, but if you think they're a pile of shite they'll just waste ayaw living in a drawer somewhere.

Never had any problems with D'addarios.

surely intonation doesn't matter on bends? don't you bend to the note you want to?

Never had any problems with D'addarios.

surely intonation doesn't matter on bends? don't you bend to the note you want to?

For some reason I used to break D'addarios ALL the time. Swore off them, started using Ernie Balls and string breakage dropped dramatically. Never looked back. So many people swear by them though so they're obviously not complete shite, although in my experience, they have been. Weird!

Honestly,I've never had a problem with any "name" brand strings. I tend to buy whatever happens to be a little cheaper,or if they all cost the same,I'll buy D'addarios because they have less packaging and are in a sealed bag. (I think some other brands do this now though as well)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back