The European Leagues 2013-14 Thread (1 Viewer)

washingcattle

Contributor
Barcelona went to town on Levente and now real are making hard work of it against a very bright Betis side.

But most importantly Real have used Comic Sans to write the names and numbers on their jerseys!! Ridiculous.

Best match of the weekend, that I saw anyway.

Khedera getting injured basically won that for Real. I still don't see what he brings to that side.

Really looking forward to Sevilla vs Athletico. But expecting my lady to arrive home any minute and demand attention. If only you could pause streaming.

Haha, fair enough. I was being facetious but I wasn't having a go (am one of the aforementioned Shams, for the record). I do try and follow the Spanish and German leagues when I can but wasn't able to see any games this weekend.

I wasn't being defensive, was I ? Well I didn't mean to. Anyway I wish there were a few LOI supporters on here to give that thread legs. It was mostly Theodore Kasinski and me patting each other on the back, until the decline started. Every time I check out LOI I get depressed. This week being a perfect example. If those points keep the gypos in the division I'll kick a cat in the bollox.

Sevilla and Athletico has been quite entertaining so far. Sevilla playing like the typical Spanish side Athletico playing 4-4-2 and doing an amazing impression of a Premier League side.

David Villa was a bit of a bargain wasn't he ? Pity he can't really run anymore.

Ah no, you weren't being defensive at all, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't coming across as aggressive and pre-empt any misunderstanding before it happened. Like I said, I follow football at any level and am glad you support it at a local level too.

Where is Villa playing for Atletico so far? I assume in the centre if they're playing 442. He is such a talented player and clearly a massive threat from wide for Barca, but especially with his legs going a bit he's always going to be at his best in a central position.

Ah no, you weren't being defensive at all, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't coming across as aggressive and pre-empt any misunderstanding before it happened. Like I said, I follow football at any level and am glad you support it at a local level too.

Where is Villa playing for Atletico so far? I assume in the centre if they're playing 442. He is such a talented player and clearly a massive threat from wide for Barca, but especially with his legs going a bit he's always going to be at his best in a central position.

Right up front with Costa, they look pretty good together actually, if Villa had his old pace they'd batter sides.
Yeah was good, Isco looked very impressive on his debut, hadn't realised his through balls were so good.

Not quite in their entirety but I basically watched 6 matches over the weekend, welcome back football.

Isco and Ozil can't play together. they were in each others way until Ozil came off. It's always feast or famine with Real, Ozil Modric and Isco are basically the same player and then as soon as Alonso picks up a knock they have either Kederha, who can't play the holding role or some young lad no one's ever heard of. The lad did well when he came on though, but the same thing at centre half, two fucking mental cases or Veranne, luckily for them Veranne is outstanding.

I watched 4 matches. the 2 spanish ones I was on about here. Spurs Palace and Chelski Hull. Turned off Chelski after about 20 minutes it was embarassing.

Everyone goes on about the pace of the PL. Am I missing something ?

Spurs vs Arsenal and Liverpool Vs Manure where fairly slow moving affairs today whereas I'm currently watching Valencia vs Barca and it's end to end 100 MPH stuff. Brilliant match so far.

I don't know if your streaming this on Bein Sports but the mental Geordie lad is on fire tonight.

Best quotes so far,

"Victor Valdes is a cat with wings"

"Spirograph football"

"Men down, seen more men down there than in the Godfather"

"TNT powder keg of a shot"

And my favorite so far.

"He jumps out of the closet like a giant werewolf"

Edit: Best game of the weekend. This new all out attack Barca is actually watchable. I hope Fabregas keeps Xavi out of the side all year.

Last edited:
Lazio vs Chievo at the moment. It's over as a contest since Lazio were 3 up at half time. Still fairly end to end though

Good matches are a bit thin on the ground today. Probably give Southampton a look Real Betis are playing Valencia later. I need a good 6-8 slot pick any ideas ?

Might watch some NFL to bide my time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back