Ireland vs *insert name of evil Welshman* (1 Viewer)

10 PL starters there and the best back 4 we have available, with Dunne in for O’Shea being my only change. With no McGeady or Pilkington I thought McClean would start on the wing, he ‘s a better option than Keogh and Cox (if he was fit he’d probably have started), but I can see why Walters is in there. I do wish Hendrick or Meyler was in the middle with McCarthy though, Trapp knows what Whelan can (or can’t) do, but happy Hoolahan in behind Long.

One Man Team isn't playing for Wales either. So, a meaningless friendly result, a decent performance by Hoolahan and Robbie fucking Keane back in for the next competitive match anyone?

One Man Team isn't playing for Wales either. So, a meaningless friendly result, a decent performance by Hoolahan and Robbie fucking Keane back in for the next competitive match anyone?

Our top scorer of al time ? yeah I'd imagine that's the case alright.

I'd love to see Long step up a level this season. He was excellent for West Brom last year even though he was behind Lukakau in the pecking order. At international level it's been Keane and Doyle in front of him those impediment aren't there in the way they used to be so it's his big chance now.

Hat trick and he might hold on to his place.

Trap in slightly progressive lineup shocker.. That's the team I'd pick for the September games, with Dunne maybe coming in for Clarke if he's played a few games by then and McGeady for Walters. We'll win 2-0 and then it'll be back to 'we cannot show them we are scared by playing only one striker' against Sweden, naturally.
I'd love to see Long step up a level this season. He was excellent for West Brom last year even though he was behind Lukakau in the pecking order. At international level it's been Keane and Doyle in front of him those impediment aren't there in the way they used to be so it's his big chance now.
Both of the last 2 seasons he seems to burst out of the gate, score 5 or 6 goals against the top sides, and then gradually succumb to injuries and fade off. Dunno whether it's his playing style or just chronic issues. If he was fully fit for a whole season it'd be interesting to see what he'd achieve.

Trap in slightly progressive lineup shocker.. That's the team I'd pick for the September games, with Dunne maybe coming in for Clarke if he's played a few games by then and McGeady for Walters. We'll win 2-0 and then it'll be back to 'we cannot show them we are scared by playing only one striker' against Sweden, naturally.
Both of the last 2 seasons he seems to burst out of the gate, score 5 or 6 goals against the top sides, and then gradually succumb to injuries and fade off. Dunno whether it's his playing style or just chronic issues. If he was fully fit for a whole season it'd be interesting to see what he'd achieve.
Yeah injuries aside he wasn't helped by having two other strikers desperate to impress big teams beside him. Steve Clark should give him a fairer shake this season given the fact that Odemwenge proved to be a bit of a cunt.

Good line-up, Dunne for O'Shea would be nice, Clark needs more games like this for experience, we're not gaining anything playing O'Shea in this one and Dunne could use the games again too no doubt.
Brady is playing wing I assume, he's a winger then? I thought he was more central midfielder for some reason.Unnamed fan must be raging.

we're not gaining anything playing O'Shea in this one and Dunne could use the games again too no doubt.

Totally disagree with that. At this stage in the campaign, with Austria and Sweden next month, we should be be solidifying our best 11, which is what he's doing. The only changes I'd imagine will be McGeady and Keane.

And yes Brady is a winger. For the love of god man.

Where's Anthony "Elvis Annihilator" Stokes? Surely that's the future?

Looks like there's about 2000 people there. Some bits of keeping the ball nicely but mostly it's been very much what you'd expect from a pre-season friendly. Long not exactly clinical with his big chance.

Zlatan has scored 4 in their friendly against Norway so far.. that's good, we want him to get it all out of his system before next month right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back