Confederations Cup (1 Viewer)

About to watch Italy vs Mexico and highlights of Japan vs Brazil. BBC have the whole thing online which is great. It's a great cup when teams actually want to win it. I'd say Brazil vs Italy could be a cracker, the friendly between them a couple of months ago was amazing.

If Spain are the Barcelona of International football then Italy are the Real, which I mean as a compliment. They play so quickly and directly, they played with 3 centre halves at times but against Mexico they're technically 4-3-3 but in reality more like 2-5-3 because their full backs play in the opposition box most of the time. Great to watch. Mexico look very tidy but lacking a bit of magic. Really enjoyable match so far. Good to see them pressing high up the pitch rather than dropping into the 2 banks of 4 like Trap has us doing. Enjoying this tournament. It was good last time when the USA nearly won it.

Fine finish from Ballotelli, He's so fucking strong, when he's up for it he's pretty unplayable.

Enjoyed that, it went a bit flat in the second half but that's not hugely surprising.

Mexico vs Brazil should be interesting.

Nigeria are awful. Really. No disrespect to Tahiti or nuttin, but Nigeria are not good. They think they'll grab a draw with U-r-gay? I think not.

Nigeria are awful. Really. No disrespect to Tahiti or nuttin, but Nigeria are not good. They think they'll grab a draw with U-r-gay? I think not.
U-r-Gay have been very poor lately, they're in serious danger of missing out on the World Cup at the moment, I wouldn't be surprised if they don't throw a leg at it for the rest of the tournament. But you are right Nigeria are poor, especially in comparison to their former glories

I think Ireland could beat that Nigeria team. That's saying something.

Yeah, sorry. Got carried away. What with Robbie "Unknown Fan" Keane in such a hot streak up front and all.

Natural athletes all the same.

I was watching ESPN Classic the other day and they were showing England v Cameroon. There was several Brits talking over the action. Not entirely sure who they were....ex-players and managers anyway. They were discussing the match while it was going on, like a director's commentary. I lost count of the number of times the Cameroonians were described as being naive. Any situation. A late challenge, a mis-placed pass, not getting on the end of a cross.

I hate Brits. I turned on Sky Sports News on a Sunday a few weeks ago and Peter Taylor (the alive one) was watching Man U v Chelsea. Oscar waved an imaginary card after a bad challenge and Taylor slated him saying maybe the foreigners think that's ok but we don't like that over 'ere and maybe if people do come over they should adapt. The cunt. I'm fairly sure I've seen several British players from Man U and Chelsea alone doing the same thing.

Anyway.

I was watching ESPN Classic the other day and they were showing England v Cameroon. There was several Brits talking over the action. Not entirely sure who they were....ex-players and managers anyway. They were discussing the match while it was going on, like a director's commentary. I lost count of the number of times the Cameroonians were described as being naive. Any situation. A late challenge, a mis-placed pass, not getting on the end of a cross.

I hate Brits. I turned on Sky Sports News on a Sunday a few weeks ago and Peter Taylor (the alive one) was watching Man U v Chelsea. Oscar waved an imaginary card after a bad challenge and Taylor slated him saying maybe the foreigners think that's ok but we don't like that over 'ere and maybe if people do come over they should adapt. The cunt. I'm fairly sure I've seen several British players from Man U and Chelsea alone doing the same thing.

Anyway.

Did you ever read that interview with the Zaire dude who ran and kicked Brazil's freekick before it was taken? He claims it was a "political" act and not naivete. Sure.

Mind you, Cameroon we're pretty reckless in that game. Were it not for all the "naive" tackling in the box, England wouldn't have lost on penos to Germany. And who doesn't practise penos? THAT'S naive.

Also: Diving. It's a foreign blight. Ashley Young is foreign, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back