Tour De France 2013 thread (1 Viewer)

I have actually no interest in this year's tour de france. It will be a farce with those sky robots riding like they're on motorbikes.

in saying that I'm going over to the last week of it, but as a race the tour de france is kind of dead to me. Give me the Giro or the Ras over it any day.

well they've already changed it once, and its not outside the statute of limitations for another 4 years, so who knows....

anyway, Sky's total implosion is imminent with Wiggins dropping out of the Giro.

I can't wait to see the contrast of the Sky egomanics bickering away because they're fighting over whose leader, with the Garmin lads all getting on together even though they'll have 3 potential leaders in the tour (Martin, Talansky and Ryder).

images

HAI GUYZE

Di Luca was given soft bans for what he did before - both times.

as far as the Giro goes what about Santambrogio or Niemiec ? - until very recently neither ever suggested that they could be GT contenders. Niemiec to be fair does have a good stage race record. he rode for a small Italian team for years and no one picked him up for a longtime.

i was at the Ras on Monday when Shane Archibold won in Nenagh. they are had a weekend of cycling in Nenagh in April Timmy Barry won for the second year. there was actually a Team Time Trial that weekend that i missed.

i spoke on the previous thread about GT wildcards and IAM losing out to NetApp Endura for the Vuelta place.
the only important win IAM had so far was Lofkvist at the Tour Of Med. they have at least one rider in the top 10 every stage race recently but no better than that which is the problem. i still think there are teams at the Giro or Vuelta that are not anymore worthy but the Tour was never on the cards.

RIP Gaumont - even if his family all had heart conditions his death will be blamed on doping and he's got kids as well.

as far as the Giro goes what about Santambrogio or Niemiec ? - until very recently neither ever suggested that they could be GT contenders. Niemiec to be fair does have a good stage race record. he rode for a small Italian team for years and no one picked him up for a longtime.

I have Cycling Manager, Tour de France edition, 2007 on the computer. Niemiec is an absolute animal on the mountain stages. I can never get near him. So thats as much as we need to know about that. I guess he just hadn't been with a big team until recently enough.

Santambrogio was always Evan's henchman in grand tours. He was obviously rated highly enough by BMC management to be given that role and I guess you never know how these lads will fare as team leaders in their own right until they actually move away and get that chance. Hes impressed me. Hes had bad days though, which has impressed me even more.

Its a shame we won't see much more of that team between now and the end of the year.

Do you mean, if he had bad days, then chances are he's actually not on drugs?
in a 3-week stage race, yes.

its not a guarantee or anything. After all remember the day Floyd Landis had before THAT day to Morzine. I don't think anyone believes for a second that stage 17 was the only day he did a bit of gear.

it just helps allay suspicion. Over 3 weeks you'd expect that everyone would have at least one wobbly patch, especially if the weather is shite, such as this years Giro

in a 3-week stage race, yes.

its not a guarantee or anything. After all remember the day Floyd Landis had before THAT day to Morzine. I don't think anyone believes for a second that stage 17 was the only day he did a bit of gear.

landis positive test for testosterone was the result of having a blood transfusion where the blood (i feel woozy from the mention of blood) was originally taken from his system when he was using testosterone in training.

this is one of the only 2 ways to get a positive test for blood transfusions (the other being a labeling error were you have a team mates blood injected into you due to improperly labeling bags (it was funny how both vinokourov and kasheckin both tested positive for having different blood in their system in a short period a few years ago)

but if landis hadn't been on the testosterone during training, it would never have shown a positive. the likelihood was that he was doping during the race but with untainted blood.

the only thing would be wada to endorse a test for plasticiser levels as this would indicate blood transfusions.

(it was funny how both vinokourov and kasheckin both tested positive for having different blood in their system in a short period a few years ago)

vino's was a total panic job though. Remember he had a bad crash in one stage that year. The positive came (I think) in the stage following. The idea with the transfusions was you'd do maybe one or 2 during a 3-week race. Vino was obviously in a jocker and demanded a transfusion ahead of schedule, and someone got sloppy.

At least it was the right blood type though, unlike Ricardo Fucking Ricco

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back