The 'Bands I don't Get' thread (1 Viewer)

I love the Beatles and discover something new every time I listen to them

I mention this because I'm amazed that this thread has gone on so long without someone declaring how shit they are

they were in my original list but it seemed kinda totem-heavy. i shouldve just said "totemic rock and pop". nothing against them per se, but they're so stitched into the cultural fabric that they're impossible to avoid, so i'd never choose to listen to them.

to the mentions of destroyer above, i'd add m. ward - two singers whose songs i liked but whose voices started to grate almost overnight.

Godspeed You Black Emperor (everyone's probably sick of them at this stage though).
Rory Gallagher
Most finger-picking instrumental guitarists
Boredoms
Yes

I've never heard most of these indie bands that have been mentioned here

The Beatles are held in such high regard that it's hard not to automatically think "yeah, but they're not that good" when someone looks to you to confirm their status as the best band in the history of music.

The Beatles are held in such high regard that it's hard not to automatically think "yeah, but they're not that good" when someone looks to you to confirm their status as the best band in the history of music.

I think they belong in the "Bands that are good but so ubiquitous that I fell no need to bother to get into them"
......along with Radiohead

The Beatles are the best band ever.

And that is all there is to it.

I think they belong in the "Bands that are good but so ubiquitous that I fell no need to bother to get into them"
......along with Radiohead

You're missing out. I remember thinking "yeah I'm sure they're grand", then when I really "got" them I was blown away. Mind you I was 13 at the time so anything was mind blowing. Like cider or bra straps.

Tell ya who have some great tunes...fucking Coldplay.

There I said it.

I think it's safe to say the beatles "body of work" will never be bettered. Like them or not (i luv em) what they did in 6 or 7 years of recording is extremely impressive.

I like the beatles but don't like the saturation level they have in music, continually being referred to the blue print for everything and being looked at as godlike by the brit press which sells well here too, and appeals to the american looking to explore outside 60's america. its been regurgitated enough times now.

Heard that band Iceage that loads of people seem to be creaming themselves over. Didn't get it.

Chutney me aul mate, I just get tired. I'm about 50 bands behind on the buzzwagon. I just don't give a shite anymore. Sometimes I hear a song and go yeah fuck that's great but otherwise I'm just not able to invest the time or energy in all these bands I keep hearing about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back