The new Beach House song is lovely (1 Viewer)

You are insane.

Ah sure I know.

734369_10200910911362046_1921104909_n.jpg

All their songs sound the same, only in the same way that all Wedding Present songs sound the same and all Cocteau Twins sound the same
yeah, but when i first heard them, i thought it was a cocteau twins song. it's as if someone took a 'normal' song and applied a cocteau twins photoshop filter over it. in the same way that kevin shields took a 'normal' album and applied a MBV filter over it (albeit over a 20 year period).

Beach House is good if you're stoned and relaxing somewhere warm and outside or working and want to be able to block out office chatter but still not be distracted from your task. One song blends into another without one noticing. I was bored after two songs at one of their gigs. I wasn't stoned and was fucking standing in a packed venue. I think I left by song seven or so.... hard to tell but it felt (what I assume) water tortue would feel like, slow and repetitive.

I have a white noise maker. It rocks.

What a bunch of whiny old contrarians - "it all sounds the same".

Just because it's distinct doesn't mean it's same thing album to album. That goes for the Cocteaus as well.

What a bunch of whiny old contrarians - "it all sounds the same".

Just because it's distinct doesn't mean it's same thing album to album. That goes for the Cocteaus as well.

I didn't say they sounded individual I said every song sounds the fucking same. It's the same blueprint. Twinkley sounds bit of space in the sound begin ethereal vocal slight build up and then insert beat to fill in space. Then end it's the same fucking song over and over. Do something else for fuck sake.

I didn't say they sounded individual I said every song sounds the fucking same. It's the same blueprint. Twinkley sounds bit of space in the sound begin ethereal vocal slight build up and then insert beat to fill in space. Then end it's the same fucking song over and over. Do something else for fuck sake.

Balls it is. "It all sounds the same" has to be the most geriatric reason for dismissing a band

Balls it is. "It all sounds the same" has to be the most geriatric reason for dismissing a band

Okay well here all there songs are the fucking same. They are one song.

You can actually play these two songs over each other and make the same fucking song

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Okay well here all there songs are the fucking same. They are one song.

You can actually play these two songs over each other and make the same fucking song

Sounds better than their actual songs actually.

I've only heard bloom & teen dream. Bloom is great album. It's probably the album I listened to most last year. I like a sustained atmosphere on albums.

Depression Cherry LP is only out a few weeks.... and now this news

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back