Ibrahimovic vs. Ireland (1 Viewer)

Jerry Twig

Supporter
Solutions
I know we just don't want to face it folks, but we have to.
Never have I been so despondent leading up to a match.

Zlatan and PSG are out of form. The rest of the Sweden squad is about on a par with our side. They have lads from Sunderland and WBA just like us. I'm not frightened.

3 points and a false dawn until we fuck it up against Osterreich.

It can be hilarious, as last night showed, but (and I know Sweden are nowt without Zlatan) when was the last time we beat a higher ranked team away from home in a qualifer?
And you reckon it'll happen with arguably our weakest team in living memory when morale is also at an all time low?
Even Greavsie would tell you're 'avin a laurgh.

Zlatan and PSG are out of form. The rest of the Sweden squad is about on a par with our side. They have lads from Sunderland and WBA just like us. I'm not frightened.

3 points and a false dawn until we fuck it up against Osterreich.

Eh really ?

They're top of the league and beat Marsailles twice in a week they lead Valencia 2-1 in the CL and Ibra is the top scorer in France.

I agree that player for player, they really aren't all *that* much better than Ireland, Zlatan excepted... But they do have Zlatan, and a settled and experienced side, and a manager who doesn't mentally reside in the early '80s and think his team are shit, and a bit of spirit.. so we're very likely screwed. Plus we still have the 'haven't beaten a decent side away from home since 1987' thing going. And we're likely to have an O'Shea / Clark or O'Dea combo at the back which is a few guaranteed lapses and brainfarts into the equation already. Not massively optimistic about this one, to say the least. On the plus side, we should have Coleman and Wilson back, which is an upgrade on the alternatives.

In the euros They were unlucky against England, poor against Ukraine and good against France They scored 4 times against Germany away. They've been workman like against the Khazaks and poor against the Faroes Thay're an average side. We are going to get a hidihn because we are so very very far below average that it's disgraceful. If we had Dunne, Coleman, Reid, Gibson, McCarthy, Hoolihan, McClean and Long

( I realise that's not a whole team but when they've been fit/on form these have been the best Irish players I've seen this season, obviously except Dunne who at this stage is there because he's Richard fucking Dunne. To be fair Whelan should be on that list too, he's by far and away Stokes best player but he plays for Stoke so he's out in my book.)

all playing regularly in a system that actually suited those players i.e passing the fucking ball to each others feet and allowing Long to get into space around the box then we could risk playing the likes of O Dea or O Shea and we'd still have a chance. Won't happen. 2-0 to Sweden with 61% possession and we manage 1 shot on target.

Eh really ?

They're top of the league and beat Marsailles twice in a week they lead Valencia 2-1 in the CL and Ibra is the top scorer in France.

"Paris Saint-Germain show signs of disarray ahead of Valencia's visit"

Zlatan Ibrahimovic lunged at Andrés Guardado to get himself sent off and suspended for the return leg.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2013/mar/05/paris-saint-germain-valencia

Zlatan's lost the head. PSG are in disarray. We're going to win, fuckface.

"Paris Saint-Germain show signs of disarray ahead of Valencia's visit"

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2013/mar/05/paris-saint-germain-valencia

Zlatan's lost the head. PSG are in disarray. We're going to win, fuckface.

Disarray ? Zlats sending off was a little harsh it looked more awkward than malicious I thought, and they have or have had some injuries that hardly makes them Chelski. Besides which we are playing Sweden not PSG and Zlats form for Sweden has never had any relationship to his form at club level. He scores a goal every 2 games or so and even when he was marginalised at Barca he still managed 5 in 10 games for the national side. Your clutching at straws. Anyway a result in Sweden will just prolong Traps reign which is exactly the opposite of what I want. So fuck it I hope he goes to fucking town on us.

Cattle, we could lose 10 nil and the senile cunt will still be in charge for the rest of the campaign. I've accepted it. It took some time. I practiced mindfulness. I took long walks. I did all I could.

So now, Ireland are playing a match and it's time to get excited and wildly optimistic. Fuck it. I've fuck all else in this life. A shitty job, a kid who takes all my dough, it's drizzling rain outside. Give me this. Give it to me. I don't want realism. I want the dream of Terry Dixon coming up the ranks and fulfilling his potential. I want the idea of Noe Baba captaining us to victory in Euro 2016. I want to dream.

Oh, please won't you let me dream a little.

Ignorance is bliss.
As I said, worst Irish team ever plus no morale = why it won't be now. Is that so difficult to get your head around?

Team of 1987 was the best team we ever had, and they beat Scotland 1-0 in Hampden. That's a long enough time to be watching Ireland (and I'll be in Stockholm, for what it's worth) to know who's ignorant.

wonder is trapp an IRFU mole?

tin%20foil%20hat.jpg

Cattle, we could lose 10 nil and the senile cunt will still be in charge for the rest of the campaign. I've accepted it. It took some time. I practiced mindfulness. I took long walks. I did all I could.

So now, Ireland are playing a match and it's time to get excited and wildly optimistic. Fuck it. I've fuck all else in this life. A shitty job, a kid who takes all my dough, it's drizzling rain outside. Give me this. Give it to me. I don't want realism. I want the dream of Terry Dixon coming up the ranks and fulfilling his potential. I want the idea of Noe Baba captaining us to victory in Euro 2016. I want to dream.

Oh, please won't you let me dream a little.

No, fuck all this dream bollox. He has to fucking go. The FAI can't ignore the fact that he has to go if we take another hiding and get someone in before the qualifying campaign ends, get the team right asap. Experiment against teams who actually have to go out and win get the right team out for the match at Wembley and lets see where we actually are. Friendlies are fucking pointless and continuing with this set up is equally pointess. A heavy defeat in Sweden is better for us in the long run. Lets face it no one wants to watch us at the moment.

No, fuck all this dream bollox. He has to fucking go. The FAI can't ignore the fact that he has to go if we take another hiding and get someone in before the qualifying campaign ends, get the team right asap. Experiment against teams who actually have to go out and win get the right team out for the match at Wembley and lets see where we actually are. Friendlies are fucking pointless and continuing with this set up is equally pointess. A heavy defeat in Sweden is better for us in the long run. Lets face it no one wants to watch us at the moment.

We conceded 6 at home to Germany. Afterwards he said we shouldn't be expecting anything better against a team like Germany.
And he wasn't sacked.

We'll probably lose 3-1 to Sweden or something. And he still won't be sacked.

It hurts, but live with it. He'll stay until the end of the campaign and the best we can hope for is a few decent results to at least keep our ranking high so we don't get put in pot fucking 5 or whatever for the Euros draw. Which we'll have a great chance of making as it's been expanded.

Now, after me........ óle.....óle, óle, óle.....óle........óoooole.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back