What movie did you watch last night? (8 Viewers)

Anyone see NO yet? Decent. A bit lagging in tension but well acted.

MV5BMTM3ODAzNjcwMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTUzMjc4OA@@._V1_SY317_CR0,0,214,317_.jpg

I haven't seen Lincoln but you know what you're getting with that. NO was fine. Solidly acted and it had an interesting look due to the film format used (low definition, 3/4' Sony U-matic magnetic tape, which was widely used by television news in Chile in the 80s). I liked it.

If you type nearly any famous sex symbol type woman's name into google one of the top options you get in the auto-fill is feet so for example type Natalie Portman and option 5 is feet.

This freaks me out a bit. Not feet. But that there are so many foot fetishists out there that feet now comes before tits or ass.

Will do. John Heard is very under rated as an actor

I've seen this movie come up on the TCM schedule a few times but for some reason I thought it was something to do with this...doh

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Oh yeah! You should! One of my favourite movies of the 8os. The three leads act their bloody socks off. When you're done read the novel Cutter & Bone by Newton Thornburg. Great crime novel.

Persist. It's very good - had an "On The Beach" feel for ages due to its unavailability. Nearly all of the copies on traders' lists were dubs of the sole BBC2 broadcast from 1985.

If you type nearly any famous sex symbol type woman's name into google one of the top options you get in the auto-fill is feet so for example type Natalie Portman and option 5 is feet.

This freaks me out a bit. Not feet. But that there are so many foot fetishists out there that feet now comes before tits or ass.

I already find Natalie Portman hideously problematic as it is...

Nah, that's only because Google don't allow words like "tits" or "ass" to appear in the auto-fill, isn't it?

American Mary. Body horror film about extreme plastic surgery and body modification. Starts off really well. Disturbing, creepy and intriguing but then loses its way and becomes a bit silly. Worth a watch all the same. I'm not squemish but I did have to look away a few times. Something about plastic surgery puts me on edge.
americanmary1000.gif

Went for Lincoln in the end. Apart from it being too long, and some bits are definitely superfluous - not least the final 15/20, I thought it was great. Terrific cast from Jared Harris, to Tommy Lee, James Spader and many more. Day-Lewis trumps them all; for some reason I was thinking this performance wouldn't be all it's cracked up to be but it is and more. Slightly odd, nuanced and completely riveting. Conveys the great man's charisma perfectly. At the start I was worried it would all be a bit cheesy but it's all about political manoeuvring and the strength of one man's will despite his pragmatism. Made me itchy for a similar treatment of one of our great statesmen like O'Connell or Parnell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back