What movie did you watch last night? (12 Viewers)

1985-rappin-poster1.jpg

RAPPIN'. A Cannon film in which Mario Van Peebles and his associates rap. This is great if you're in the mood for some stupid shit. Also briefly featuring a young Ice-T, who also narrates this here trailer.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

teaser.jpg

I was really looking forward to this, having been following the development from the start. But it's nowhere near what I was hoping. It's silly and fun, and there are some great designs but...the satire just isn't funny enough. It should have been so much more

the-innkeepers-poster.jpg

over long with a damp squib of an ending

City Slickers - Classic, the kids lived it, especially the massive "shit" count.
The Dark Knight - about an hour too long.
Clifford - pretty funny in a frustrating way.
Happy Gilmore - kids love it, they put it on. Still great.

Lawless

It was pretty good. Could have used more violence. More Hardy and less Labeouf, but it was decent.

And it had this fake-old cover in it

Lawless

It was pretty good. Could have used more violence. More Hardy and less Labeouf, but it was decent.

And it had this fake-old cover in it

I'm going to add, importantly, that Jessica Chastain shows her knockers in this.

Have been hoarding lots of films over the last year so this weekend I sat down to watch The Blitz (2010 - Jason Statham, Aidan Gillen) and Lost in America (1985 - Albert Brooks, Julie Hagerty - she's the main timid chick in the Airplane films).

The Blitz was decent enough, just the right amount of violence and story telling. Aidan Gillen still plays the role as a cunt royale (I'm guessing he can't possibly play any other type of character?)

Lost in America - Two 30-somethings with secure jobs decide to up sticks and break free from their ordinary life. They last about 2 weeks. They hire a winnabago and travel through a few states.

TotalRecall2012-2.jpg

Looked great. I loved the cityscapes and the technology, Jessica Biel ...new addition to the horn thread.

But it was too long, Kate Beckinsale was too panto baddie , endless chase scenes that went on too long and no sense that all this might be happening in his head, which made the original interesting.

So... entertaining enough. I'll probably watch it again when it's on TV next xmas

TotalRecall2012-2.jpg

Looked great. I loved the cityscapes and the technology, Jessica Biel ...new addition to the horn thread.

But it was too long, Kate Beckinsale was too panto baddie , endless chase scenes that went on too long and no sense that all this might be happening in his head, which made the original interesting.

So... entertaining enough. I'll probably watch it again when it's on TV next xmas

Yeah, it was gorgeous.

A little bit Blade Runner, a little bit Fifth Element. But ultimately empty.

Just one long chase with no real emphasis on the central question of whether it's real or not. Which would have provided some tension.

For all the money spent, a big wasted opportunity.

I'm actually fucking sick of giving Len Wiseman money. Him and that perfect-assed wife of his.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back