What movie did you watch last night? (9 Viewers)

Jo Nesbos Jackpot. Good black comedy about 4 guys winning on the football pools, based on a Jo Nesbo novel. Things turn nasty as they fallout. Much chopping and shredding of bodies. Stupid rural cops just as in Headhunters ( also by Nesbo). Many twists and turns plus a taste of The Usual Suspects.No farmers killed in it.

20cf775fa6b5dfe621ade096f5d85d52_500x735.jpg

Isn't that from the book though?

That was in spoiler tags damn it !!

Yeah but just because something is in the book doesn't mean it's nessicarilly satisfying cinematically.

2 examples off the top of my head are that some of the most harrowing parts of The Road by Cormac McCarthy are left out of the film because they are basically un-filmable without leaning towards B-movie schtick. or I don't think The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo for example is particularly good but most if not all my problems with it are plot based and the plot is the books issue really.

I didn't think much of The Road film either.

I think Chuck Palminuik said that the film makers just took what they wanted from Fight Club and made very much their own film and that he thought it was all the better for it so it can be done I suppose. Anyway
Spielberg just resorts to a Morgan fucking Freeman voiceover at the end of War of The Worlds it's lazy as fuck and he's not even in the fucking film

step-up-4-banner.jpg

STEP UP 4 MIAMI HEAT REVOLUTION (this is one of those ones that has a different title here and in the US like FAST FIVE GET FURIOUS IN RIO and LIVE FREE OR DIE HARD 4.0). This is actually pretty entertaining because the plot bits are ludicrous but played so earnestly and the 3D is actually used for what 3D is meant for, that being stupid shit flying at the screen.
They stick it to the nasty capitalists by signing for Nike at the end.

bad-ass-poster-danny-trejo.jpg

BAD ASS. Danny Trejo is an old motherfucker after some revenge. This is good shit, much better than I was expecting.

Spielberg just resorts to a Morgan fucking Freeman voiceover at the end of War of The Worlds it's lazy as fuck and he's not even in the fucking film

Worked for me. It was just epilogue.

It's not a Gangs Of New York thing where they just seemed to run out of money or something and handed the movie over to a radio announcer. The story was done. They were w

And Fight Club was kind of unfilmable as written.

I'm not sure why I'm defending a film I only kind of liked.

Worked for me. It was just epilogue.

It's not a Gangs Of New York thing where they just seemed to run out of money or something and handed the movie over to a radio announcer. The story was done. They were w

And Fight Club was kind of unfilmable as written.

I'm not sure why I'm defending a film I only kind of liked.

Once again that was in fucking spoiler tags jesus fucking christ.

I consider myself chastised, phantomly de-repped and warned that you may post about current TV shows in the movies thread.

A lot of anger out there tonight. I'm really feeling it.

Very disappointing.. I finally know who Rachel Weiz is though...and what she does when she isn't in the horn thread

the-bourne-legacy-597x342.jpg

I've got the next three days off work so I have set aside following films to watch

Repulsion
The Wrestler
Strangers on a Train
Tess
Dressed to Kill
Narrow Margin
Mississippi Burning
Bitter Moon
Disturbia
Persona
Body Double
The Birds

Just watched The Birds. Awesome. Repulsion is up next.

Love Bergman but found Persona very overrated when I saw it years and years ago. Perhaps I just wasn't in the mood for it's wankiness on the day. Let me know your thoughts

lair-white-worm.jpg

LAIR OF THE WHITE WORM. Ken Rusell's utterly ridiculous film of the Bram Stoker book. All over the place, in a good way. Kind of feels like a Seijun Suziki film.

Casa-De-Mi-Padre.jpg

CASA DE MI PADRE. Not hilarious or anything, but mildly amusing. Features a dodgy mechatronic cat.

I found this very sad.

10273_img_20100407125142.jpg

I wanted to bang my head against the seat. I wish someone was with me so they could have said, "Wanna leave?" because I would have. However, alone I felt the need to torture myself and finish it. Worst on screen couple ever. I seriously wanted kick them hard. I got the point (which I liked) of the film just not how they decided to portray it. I liked the opening scene but as soon as I saw pom-pom socks it went down hill fast.

Plus side for some men on here: you'll get to see Sarah Silverman naked in a prolonged scene. Also Michelle Williams a few times.

996bf020c999418546d99b3680a8fdaa3c9f36090a46febe69dd0906.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back