Strange Passion - Irish Post Punk comp on Finders Keepers out in July (1 Viewer)

Raar - Maximum

Website
www.myspace.com
Strange Passion - Explorations in Irish Post Punk, DIY and Electronic Music 1980-83

Released 13th July 2012 on Cache Cache (Finders Keepers)

The first ever compendium of Irish post punk and new wave - featuring extensive liner notes, rare photos with the full participation of the featured artists and bands.

Released on Cache Cache a new post-punk record label set up by Finders Keepers dedicated to seeking out shyly excitable electric pop music from the not too distant past.

Focusing on a three year period from 1980 to 1983, Strange Passion is a compilation of rare, unheralded and unreleased Irish music that emerged after the first wave of punk and new wave bands. A time when the raw primitive sounds of punk began to absorb new ideas and technologies and emerging acts were reaching audiences on an unprecedented scale thanks to new magazines such as Hot Press and Heat, RTE Radio 2 and it’s Fanning Sessions, as well as new youth magazine programmes on national TV like Anything Goes. Access to UK’s broadcasting and magazine cultural behemoths (Peel, NME, Morley etc.) as well as touring bands such as The Clash and PIL also played their part in creating an appetite for this thrilling new subculture and soon venues such as The Magnet, Dandelion and Project Arts Centre in Dublin and Kampus in Cork became significant live music
hubs.

The 14 rare and seldom-travelled Irish post-punk, DIY and electro oddities were compiled from limited privately pressed vinyl and home made cassette by resident B-Music Dublin DJ Darren McCreesh for Cache Cache Records, a new label set up by international crate diggers Finders Keepers:

TRACKLISTING
1. Dogmatic Element - Just Friends
2. The Threat - High cost of living
3. Chant! Chant! Chant!- Play Safe
4. Virgin Prunes - Twenty Tens (i’ve been smoking all night long)
5. Operating Theatre - Austrian
6. Stano - Town
7. The Peridots - No Water
8. Choice - Always In Danger
9. Ph - Last Days
10. Major Thinkers - Avenue B
11. SM Corporation - Accentuate
12. SM Corporation - Fire from above
13. Tripper Humane - Discoland
14. Operating Theatre - Eighties Rampwalk (Fanning Session)

Cd only or will there be vinyl?

I've a couple of 7"s by Dogmatic Element,one is called Strange Passion. Need the Threat 7" and probably a few more there too(I've not heard of a lot of those)

CD/ Vinyl/ Digital release

Presales on Rough Trade online shop
http://www.roughtrade.com/site/shop_detail.lasso?search_type=sku&sku=351220

StrangePassionCoverArt.jpg

Picked up a Major Thinkers 7" today. The song on the comp isn't on it. One songs pretty good,not so into the other.

It's the Back in the 80's 7". I need a sleeve for it,don't suppose anyone has one they could scan?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back