Tour de France 2007 thread (15 Viewers)

I've been aware of that dude for a while if its who i'm thinking of. when i used to be out doing trips about the place i'd see him out training very day basically.

I've been aware of that dude for a while if its who i'm thinking of. when i used to be out doing trips about the place i'd see him out training very day basically.

Philip Deignan is his name. I'd say he'd be out every day alright. Wouldn't be racing at that level otherwise. He one of my favourite cyclists to watch. Just had a lot of bad luck with illness and injuries and that. Today was some day for the paddies though.

I'm not sure why this race is even on. I presume China want some exposure for Beijing but they ain't coming out of it looking too rosy. See how they have spectators hoarded into little pockets every few miles or so (actually looked like some of them were in a cage at one point). Then you have the odd punter standing freely along the route, obviously paid/ordered to be there by his overlords.

Brutal. If its not accessible to the average punter then they shouldn't race there.

FFS Tour de France route for 2012 leaked by accident on ASO website (though hopefully it's a fake route)

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/2012-tour-de-france-route-revealed

2012 Tour de France stages:

P Prologue Sat 30 June Liège > Liège 6.1 km
1 Road stage Sun 1 July Liège > Seraing 198 km
2 Road stage Mon 2 July Visé > Tournai 207 km
3 Road stage Tues 3 July Orchies > Boulogne-sur-Mer 197 km
4 Road stage Weds 4 July Abbeville > Rouen 214 km
5 Road stage Thurs 5 July Rouen > Saint-Quentin 197 km
6 Road stage Fri 6 July Épernay > Metz 210 km
7 Road stage Sat 7 July Tomblaine > La Planche des Belles Filles 199 km
8 Road stage Sun 8 July Belfort > Porrentruy 154 km
9 Time trial Mon 9 July Arc-et-Senans > Besançon 38 km
10 Road stage Weds 11 July Mâcon > Bellegarde-sur-Valserine 194 km
11 Mountains Thurs 12 July Albertville > La Toussuire - Les Sybelles 140 km
12 Mountains Fri 13 July Saint-Jean-de-Maurienne > Annonay 220 km
13 Road stage Sat 14 July Saint-Paul-Trois-Châteaux > Le Cap d’Agde 215 km
14 Road stage Sun 15 July Limoux > Foix 192 km
15 Road stage Mon 16 July Samatan > Pau 160 km
16 Mountains Weds 18 July Pau > Bagnères-de-Luchon 197 km
17 Mountains Thurs 19 July Bagnères-de-Luchon > Peyragudes 144 km
18 Road stage Fri 20 July Blagnac > Brive-la-Gaillarde 215 km
19 Time trial Sat 21 July Bonneval > Chartres 52 km
20 Road stage Sun 22 July Rambouillet > Paris Champs-Élysées 130 km

the big question is "what incriminating documents does a particular team that due to slander reasons, won't be named have o the tour de france director Prudhomme?"

FFS Tour de France route for 2012 leaked by accident on ASO website (though hopefully it's a fake route)

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/2012-tour-de-france-route-revealed

the big question is "what incriminating documents does a particular team that due to slander reasons, won't be named have o the tour de france director Prudhomme?"

hmmm, didn't they say they were pushing everything forward a week next year because of the Olympics. My first thoughts were that it was starting too early for that to be real, but its highly plausible. I heard this earlier today. Can't comment really without seeing the stage profiles.

Are there mumblings that baxosank leaked these? I hadn't heard that.

hmmm, didn't they say they were pushing everything forward a week next year because of the Olympics. My first thoughts were that it was starting too early for that to be real, but its highly plausible. I heard this earlier today. Can't comment really without seeing the stage profiles.

i had heard it was the 30th June start for next year before

Are there mumblings that baxosank leaked these? I hadn't heard that.

none whatsoever. it's just that this route highly favours Wiggins with 96km of time trialling and not very mountainous.
the source of the leak was actually the letour.fr website. the link was active for a few minutes.

with ullrich's disqualification from all results since May 2005, i offer congratulations for the following

- koldo gil for winning the tour of switzerland in 2006, and jorg jaksche and debauched angel, both of liberty seguros for their podium places in the same race. (oddly enough, it was the last race of the year for all
icon_wink.gif
)
- ivan basso for the giro individual time trial win on stage 11 in 2006
- francisco mancebo for his podium in the 2005 tour de france.
- bobby jullich for his deutschland tour win

some of the riders mentioned above as dodgy as Jan.
the rightful winner of the 2006 Giro TT was Pinotti who finished third if i'm not mistaken. no wonder Marco hates dopers.

the Giro Del Trentino stage on Thursday up the previously unused PUNTA VELENO (won by Pozzovivo) blew my mind.
very narrow (no cars), terrible surface (cycling between potholes at times), worst hairpins i have ever seen and ultra steep - most of the climb was in the 15% range touching 20% at times.
it reminded me of the GAVIA at times but steeper and much lower altitude (less than 1200 meters).
i have never seen a climb ridden up so slowly not just for stretches of it but for the vast majority of the climb.
also Basso and Di Luca went the wrong way going on to the Veleno ('Poison') which was a nice bonus.

the final stage went up the Passo Pordoi on Friday - plenty of snow.

but the Ardennes races are always my highlight of the year. after a poor Amstel on sunday, sixth place in the Fleche by Dan Martin was a great result. i thought it was certain Rodriguez would win something this week.
another guy who impressed me was was the neo pro Bardet ( AG2R) only got caught in the final 10km at the Amstel.
any how really enjoyed this week and can't wait for Liege.

the Giro Del Trentino stage on Thursday up the previously unused PUNTA VELENO (won by Pozzovivo) blew my mind.
very narrow (no cars), terrible surface (cycling between potholes at times), worst hairpins i have ever seen and ultra steep - most of the climb was in the 15% range touching 20% at times.
it reminded me of the GAVIA at times but steeper and much lower altitude (less than 1200 meters).
i have never seen a climb ridden up so slowly not just for stretches of it but for the vast majority of the climb.
also Basso and Di Luca went the wrong way going on to the Veleno ('Poison') which was a nice bonus.

wasn't it incredible. It was interesting reading Nico Roche on twitter. Said he was going to go up in a 36x28, which seemed to me not really a small enough gear from what I'd been hearing about the climb. Afterwards (after losing 6 minutes on it) he said he should have used a 34 chainring. Yes Nico, you should have.

That was actually a really fine race. Its a shame Phil Deignan had to pull out before the start. I reckon he'd have mixed it well with some of those top guys.

Possivos climb on thursday reminded me of Cobo on the Angliru in la Vuelta last year. Something just didn't look right.

Also, I have a newfound respect for Damiano Cunego. He seems to have turned quite honest after years of being a petulant child.

Basso is well finished. Apparently he was saying during the week that Jacob Fuglsang would be his main rival in the Giro. It'll be a race devoid of big names but neither of those will feature. The Giro might be a good race for someone like Nico Roche to attempt to get his star to rise again. I'd imagine Nibali will be riding though, and that Nibali will win.

but the Ardennes races are always my highlight of the year. after a poor Amstel on sunday, sixth place in the Fleche by Dan Martin was a great result. i thought it was certain Rodriguez would win something this week.
another guy who impressed me was was the neo pro Bardet ( AG2R) only got caught in the final 10km at the Amstel.
any how really enjoyed this week and can't wait for Liege.

The classics have been poor in general this year. Its not saying much when Milan-San Remo was more exciting than Paris-Roubaix and Flanders. Those races were all the poorer for Fabian's absence.

Fleche-Wallone is my favourite Ardennes race. Shame about Dan Martin's poor form for the time of year but, though he really talks up the Ardennes, I think he has more of an eye on the summer than in other years. Gilbert seems to be coming into form at the right time and with the race going through his hometown, I think he must be absolute favourite tomorrow.

what think we of Wiggins then? Has to be the TdeF favourite at this stage. A long way out I know but hes definitely the dominant stage rider at the moment.

Still a sap though.

did he win? sorry, i fall asleep it was so ****** boring. (i lie. i didn't fall sleep but it was very uninteresting racing) how they can't find some interesting terrain for racing in switzerland, i don't know. I just dislike these races being decided by a TT.

But i do remember that the tour route doesn't strike me as being a great one for agressive riding either.

paddy power have wiggins as 2nd favourite behind evans.

did he win? sorry, i fall asleep it was so ****** boring. (i lie. i didn't fall sleep but it was very uninteresting racing) how they can't find some interesting terrain for racing in switzerland, i don't know. I just dislike these races being decided by a TT.

But i do remember that the tour route doesn't strike me as being a great one for agressive riding either.

paddy power have wiggins as 2nd favourite behind evans.

you'll get ryder hesjedal for 80/1 on paddy power. Not a bad wager methinks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back