What's wrong with thumped.com? (2 Viewers)

The Thumped fav.ico looks like a piece of toast.

On thumped.com, the reviews/interviews/upcoming event/etc (all the blog type entries) need to be gutted. The only things that need to be shown are subject, timestamp (just day would be nice)/author/a nice looking unobtrusive lite-weight social sharing button (I don't care how many people have liked or tweeted an article, just give me the functionality to broadcast it). Clean up the font too. Get rid of everything else: date modified/related items/more by this author, print/email button/font size changer/tags/published in/etc/etc.

Get rid of latest posts/threads widget from homepage. Also, remove the little circle detail above the sections, it gives the illusion that there's more content available by selecting the others

WUJLn.png

[edit: fix the cookie bug on thumped.com vs. thumped.com/bbs]

Get rid of widgets (last.fm/goodreads) from signature. Force character limit on signatures (there's probably something already, 140 chars would be ideal, tweet size). Ban images from ever appearing in signatures.

Get rid of everything inside the red box:

hBDgS.png

Gig Announcements forum needs to be sorted by date of gig and not by thread posted date (or user last post within a thread).

More forum templates, minimalist ones / bloated ones / ones that look like you're doing important work, etc. Up sell them to entice subscribers.

Increase number of posts per thread page (I automatically bump it to the max which is 40 here) but I'm guessing a lot of people aren't aware of this option. Default logged out thumped seems to be 10 which I think is too small.Bump to 20.

here, i'll do this for you wil' quick.

you know and i know the forum is where the hits are.
the front page .com content is great and has been for months.

Get the forum, the front page content and the gig list all on one page.

'but it wont all fit'.

'well if you merge it down to 4-6 forums it will.'

Get the forum, the front page content and the gig list all on one page.

'but it wont all fit'.

'well if you merge it down to 4-6 forums it will.'

In that scenario the forum content would be changing all the time and you'd get sick of looking at the old front page content/gig listing. Keep thumped.com and /bbs separate I say!

Ban Times New Roman font.

Highlight gig listings on homepage or implement a kick-ass gig listing directory (by genre / venue / etc).

What parts of thumped.com are unloved? I know there's stat trackers up the wazoo around here so it'd be a good idea to see what can be axed. 'Activism' hasn't been updated since Jan. 2011.

There's nothing really wrong with it, forums are just out of fashion until people want to start discussing stuff again instead of just liking stuff and sharing quips with a limited selection of people

In that scenario the forum content would be changing all the time and you'd get sick of looking at the old front page content/gig listing. Keep thumped.com and /bbs separate I say!

Ban Times New Roman font.

Highlight gig listings on homepage or implement a kick-ass gig listing directory (by genre / venue / etc).

What parts of thumped.com are unloved? I know there's stat trackers up the wazoo around here so it'd be a good idea to see what can be axed. 'Activism' hasn't been updated since Jan. 2011.

http://thumped.com/bbs/forum.php

tell me how long you have too stare at that for it to be constantly changing?

times new roman 'just happens' on my mac, i dont know why.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back