What's wrong with thumped.com? (2 Viewers)

Agreed..get rid of all the extra functionality garbage..no one uses it.

Also...while more rainbows would be good..I think just one big rainbow somewhere would be more effective.

Also..why is so grey?Grey sucks.grey is'nt the colour of fun...bang of civil service off it..Try a few diff combinations ffs..I favour chocolate and tangerine.YMMV.

Nah... this is where I'm coming from

6888970523_bd4d8a2f81_o.jpg

Get a bit of a (Pete)Brady Bunch vibe goin about the place.

Where to start...
It reminds me of a walker from the walking dead that doesn't realise it died way back and is just a dribbling, empty mindless shell of what it once was.
thumped needs the digital equivalent of a pickaxe to the head.

Where to start...
It reminds me of a walker from the walking dead that doesn't realise it died way back and is just a dribbling, empty mindless shell of what it once was.

Hmmm, thats the way I feel about Indymedia at times.

B

Where to start...

What a gristley analogy!

Just pulling yer wire Steve,,jazes though fairly quiet around here innit!

I think Tumped was at it's most popular back in the days before twitter, facepuke, the blogspot explosion, soundcrud and wankcamp. There wasnae much in the way of alternative for the people to discuss music in a group context, arrange meet-ups, organise TYM, and advertise gigs and releases and what not. And more stuff along those lines. It's like it was a really good community solution for a Web 1.0 environment but has floundered on the rocks of Web 2.0 and is being lashed by the breakers, cold and relentlessly rolling in with the rising tide.

There's exceptions... boards.ie seems to be going strong... maybe due to hitting some kind of critical mass. Jim Carroll's blog seems to be going well - but he's in a good position, being a prominent part of the Irish Times website. I don't think he would have a market outside of that. That's just an honest opinion, not me being bitter and shite or however else he wants to insult thumped posters.

But if a new site can offer a bit of core functionality that's not otherwise available, then the people will flock to it. As far as I can see, most message board sites aren't doing well.

I think that a change in the nature of the site is required in order to reverse the malaise. I don't think changing features is really going to cut it.

Didn't you hear retarded transformation dude?
It's the colour scheme and the plethora of forums;
Change it to orange tones and reduce the number of forums to five or six talking about retardedozbabymation's youtube vids and the place will be overrun in days.

Winner.

Yeah..just make my thread into its own forum.A chocolate and tangerine oasis.

Winner.

I think Tumped was at it's most popular back in the days before twitter, facepuke, the blogspot explosion, soundcrud and wankcamp. There wasnae much in the way of alternative for the people to discuss music in a group context, arrange meet-ups, organise TYM, and advertise gigs and releases and what not. And more stuff along those lines. It's like it was a really good community solution for a Web 1.0 environment but has floundered on the rocks of Web 2.0 and is being lashed by the breakers, cold and relentlessly rolling in with the rising tide.

There's exceptions... boards.ie seems to be going strong... maybe due to hitting some kind of critical mass. Jim Carroll's blog seems to be going well - but he's in a good position, being a prominent part of the Irish Times website. I don't think he would have a market outside of that. That's just an honest opinion, not me being bitter and shite or however else he wants to insult thumped posters. .

i think you've nailed it there. what i find interesting is that all the above mentioned upped their popularity by becoming more like forums, while continually singing the 'death of the forum' song. emperors new clothes really. I'm probably a bit oldschool but i'm still pretty sure you cant beat a forum for anonymous unfiltered archived conversation. its actually getting to the point where you can say to your kids 'yeah, we had that argument way back in 2002, this is how it pans out every time'. cant see that happening with many other formats of online discussion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back