Votes: 9 69.2%
  • Abstaining

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Spoiling vote

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No first time, yes second time?

On the face of it a single currency probably needs fiscal oversight and a certain amount of tax harmonisation. That said, this seems to be us just voting for more austerity (which imho equates to transferring wealth to the financial sector, hedge funds, multinationals etc). It doesn't seem to offer fiscal union, it doesn't transfer power to the European Parliament, it's just seems to be an agreement to muddle on as before, led by Germany and France.

The Germans are sound though.I used to love drinking there

i've heard lots of comment that sinn fein will (unwittingly) deliver a yes vote. too much of middle ireland who will not be able to find themselves siding with the shinners.

They're the second biggest party in the country according to the latest polls so they have a substantial enough support themselves.Also the afore-mentioned 'fuck europe/the government' attitude probably will ensure we get a 2nd chance to vote on this.

they're the second biggest party, but i suspect no other party has as strong an 'anyone but...' sentiment to cope with.
it would make me ill to have to vote along the lines they suggest.

Fianna%2BFail%2B%27VOTE%2BYES%2BTO%2BLISBON%2BFOR%2BJOBS%27..jpg

Bring it on.

Has there been any mention of when this referendum might take place?

Hard to say. Likely in May/June.

Probably before the Eucharistic Congress in June and after the French Presidential election which drags on through April into May, I think.
If the guy running against Sarkozy gets in he might pull the plug on the whole compact, so they might wait to see what happens there.

Must get registered for this! http://www.checktheregister.ie/PublicPages/Default.aspx?uiLang=

The referendum is on Thursday the 31st of May. I think to be on the safe side, one would need to submit the form by the 11th of May (a Friday). That's two weeks, plus two days for Sundays, plus the weekend. I don't know what the official closing date for receipt of forms is tbh, but according to: http://www.dublincity.ie/YourCouncil/VotingandElections/Pages/RTV.aspx :

Supplement forms must be submitted before the fourteenth day (Sundays, public holidays and Good Friday excluded) before polling day. This is a statutory requirement. Eligible electors whose names are included in the supplement will be entitled to vote at an election or referendum held during the lifetime of the register

Picket on this conference Friday – Gate of Dublin Castle – off Dame St - 4:30 onwards.

No to the Permanent Austerity Treaty! For a referendum on the ESM.

All welcome.

A political union now? Towards a more integrated Europe - A Panel of European Affairs Ministers

KEY NOTE SPEECH

ENDA KENNY, Taoiseach of Ireland and President of Fine Gael

Chaired by LUCINDA CREIGHTON TD, Minister for European Affairs, Ireland

INIGO MENDEZ DE VIGO, Minister for European Affairs, Spain

MIGUEL MORAIS LEITAO, State Secretary for Europe, Portugal

DAVID LIDDINGTON, Minister for Europe, United Kingdom

I've decided I shall abstain from voting in this referendum. For these reasons;

- I haven't a clue what its about
- both Yes and No campaigns are solely opting to play on peoples' fears. They are not presenting facts, they are trying to scare people to vote the way they want.
- from what I can gather people are being told how to vote by their union or by whatever organisation they belong to. This is not democratic. Why would a union tell people how to vote? People should be allowed make up their own mind.

Thus this referendum is a complete waste of time, whatever its about.

I'm not playing on your fears but if you vote Yes then you are agreeing to let Alien Lizards decide on your destiny. They will eat you if they feel peckish. You will be pursued around Stephens Green by a sentient Komodo, cornered and eaten.

komodos are a bit more slackerish than you imply. they bite you, and let the filth in their mouths kill you (they have incredibly filthy mouths), and let you die and fester a bit, so you're nice and and tender when they start ripping the flesh off your bones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back