Miscellaneous book trivia and stuff (1 Viewer)

Denny Oubidoux

Hangin round town
Supporter
Solutions
I've been spending far more time reading about books lately than I have reading books so I need somewhere to post about reading about books that I havent (or maybe have)read.

I havent read any of the top ten best selling books ever but some lad has reviewed them in an enjoyable enough way. I didn't even know agatha christie had a book called Ten Little Niggers

edit: I have read the Tolkien ones

I havent read any of the top ten best selling books ever but some lad has reviewed them in an enjoyable enough way. I didn't even know agatha christie had a book called Ten Little Niggers

They changed the title to 'And Then There Were None' after the first publication.

Was only reading about She lately. Had never heard of it until reading one of these lists.

Hammer did a number of films loosely based on the book(s).

ursula_andress_she_dvd_cover_medium.jpg

Ten Little Indians was the title of the film(s) version.

the book was released under that name too.

the one in our house was a paperback (probably) 70's version with the original title... although this looks familiar and it's from 82
51eaxZaLYQL._SS500_.jpg

how come the bible didn't make that list?

I was wondering that myself till I found this part

Religious books, especially the Bhagavad Gita, the Bible and the Qur'an, are probably the most-printed books, but it is nearly impossible to find reliable sales figures for them. Print figures are missing or unreliable since these books are produced by many different and unrelated publishers. Furthermore, many copies of the Bhagavad Gita, the Bible and the Qur'an are printed and given away free, instead of being sold. The same goes for some political books, such as the works of Mao Zedong or Adolf Hitler. Thus it is impossible to determine either the number printed, or the proportion of those printed that are sold. All such books have been excluded from this list for those reasons.

There ya have it.

Heres 2 songs about the bible to celebrate

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I remember a paperback in my grans house when I was a kid - A dark cover - I used to look at the covers - Stared for hours at the cover for 1984

I read one or two of them when I was quite young. I dunno what I got from 'em as most of what the character said went over my head. I think I even had an Amstrad adventure game based on it.

A love story with infinite possibilities

What happens when a love story has an infinite number of possible endings? What if a computer re-sorts a novel so that no copy is the same? A radical assault upon the novel from one of Italy's most radical artists.

The story involves two lovers, there is disruption on the streets of Milan, protesters by Porta Ticinese. Can they escape and be together? How will events change their destiny? In Tristano, Nanni Balestrini brilliantly experiments with form and storytelling to create a new type of novel in which technology, author and the reader themselves collaborate to create the narrative. Constructed of ten chapters, each consisting of twenty texts taken from guidebooks, atlases, newspapers and fiction, each printed edition of the novel is ordered uniquely.

http://www.versobooks.com/books/1518-tristano

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back