• Poll closed .

pete

chronic procrastinator
Staff member
Since 1999
Solutions
Website
thumped.com
If ever anything was suited to a poll this is it. But since people from Poland aren't eligible, which of the 7 gets your 1st preference?

None of the above methinks,although I will hold off on voting in case I have a customary change of heart.
What about the two referenda?(is referenda a word?)Im going for no on both I think.Well,definitely no on the inquiries one,Im undecided on judges pay.

I keep asking myself, how can it be that we going to elect a reality TV personality that is representative of both the party and the industry that economically crippled this country, becuase, like it or not it looks like its going to be Grant feckin Mitchell in the Aras. But then I stop myself and think, hang on, this is the presidency, IT DOESN'T MATTER A FUCK.

Yes, it's the presidency and the actual job doesn't matter that much. But the election and how people chose to vote does. It's about the electorate more than the elected.

It will be forgotten before too long & whoever ends up being president will be forgotten as its not a real job anyway

Yes, it's the presidency and the actual job doesn't matter that much. But the election and how people chose to vote does. It's about the electorate more than the elected.

Absolutly, but we shouldn't be too surpised that there are tens of thousands of FF votes trying to find a home. Gallagher is polling something like 60% of the FF voters who voted in 2007. Sad, but true.

Seriously though, its Ireland. Don't be surprised if this ends up a fucking joke like everything else

I want to vote for Gallagher not getting in, which means I'll probably have to vote for Micky D. So I'm thinking Micky D 1, Marty MacMurderer 2, then yes and no in those referendum yokes.

this is pretty much what i'm doing, and as i suggested on facebook yesterday, if michael d doesnt win he should at least succeed brian connors as king of the leprechauns.

the major procedural role of the president - that of signing bills into law - should be removed, or at least modified.
the president assembles the council of state to review a law which might be unconstitutional. if that law is OKed by the council of state, it cannot be touched without new legislation being passed.
i.e. if i want to take a constitutionality case to the supreme court, i cannot; but i can if the law was not decided upon by the council of state.

michael d no.1 for me, norris no.2; the rest of the field are utterly heinous.

magicbastarder ; i ruled out norris over the letter thing, not so much that i cared that it want made public, it was more the case that he used political office to bail out a mate, which isnt very presidential.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back