I'm cyberbullying Mundy (1 Viewer)

Thebignoise

Some very awkward Mundy footage.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I don't like his whole repertoire but I've liked or loved a few of his songs and he seems like a sound fellow any time I've met him. Yes, I AM DEFENDING MUNDY. HATERS GONNA HATE, LEAVE HIM THE FUCK ALONE.

I never got the hate for the singer-songwriter I've seen on this board and elsewhere. How is a warbler with a guitar any harder to put up with than a boring cunt fucking around with a load of effects pedals, making maundering, watery electronic music, or a droney shitty band playing with vox just below the comprehensible, or a humourless uninspired punk four-piece, or a passionless, obviously-structured postrock act, or a dubstep set? You're into what you're into and I suppose picking up a guitar and strumming some shite has a slightly lower bar to entry than other forms of musical endeavour but I just don't get the hatred. Some singersongwriters' songs are great, some are shit, like all other music that ever existed ever.

That video is a bit prickish alright. Mundy is shite but that video is worse.

I don't like his whole repertoire but I've liked or loved a few of his songs and he seems like a sound fellow any time I've met him. Yes, I AM DEFENDING MUNDY. HATERS GONNA HATE, LEAVE HIM THE FUCK ALONE.

I never got the hate for the singer-songwriter I've seen on this board and elsewhere. How is a warbler with a guitar any harder to put up with than a boring cunt fucking around with a load of effects pedals etc

At one time it seemed you couldn't turn on the tv or radio, or go to a pub or shop, or walk down the street without being subjected to rubbish singer songwriters like mundy, paddy casey, damien rice, john spillane and whoever else. all that in-yer-faceness is bound to rile.

The guy who cut the video is an arse. Its very easy to make someone look stupid by how you put things together.
Meaningless cruel shite.

At one time it seemed you couldn't turn on the tv or radio, or go to a pub or shop, or walk down the street without being subjected to rubbish singer songwriters like mundy, paddy casey, damien rice, john spillane and whoever else. all that in-yer-faceness is bound to rile.

Well all of the acts you've mentioned have actually managed at one time or another to get quite a following and sell a load of records, in Ireland at least (In fact I think Ricey might be a million seller abroad). I think the fashion has moved on from that a bit but I suppose also that solo acts are easier to promote and direct from the POV of a record company or PR company.

And also you list those people's names as if they were identikit acts but really Casey has always been more kinda soul-pop orientated, Mundy is more of the busker-strummer type, the closest of the acts you mention to the stereotype, Rice is more the fragile confessionalist, and Spillane does lots of different styles in English and as Gaeilge from traditional songs to folk songs, to MOR pop.

Well all of the acts you've mentioned have actually managed at one time or another to get quite a following and sell a load of records, in Ireland at least (In fact I think Ricey might be a million seller abroad). I think the fashion has moved on from that a bit but I suppose also that solo acts are easier to promote and direct from the POV of a record company or PR company.

And also you list those people's names as if they were identikit acts but really Casey has always been more kinda soul-pop orientated, Mundy is more of the busker-strummer type, the closest of the acts you mention to the stereotype, Rice is more the fragile confessionalist, and Spillane does lots of different styles in English and as Gaeilge from traditional songs to folk songs, to MOR pop.

Hmmm, yeah maybe, i suppose. I was just speculating in response to your question about why people hate singer songwriters so much

I was at that Mundy gig with my kids. I didn't like how he said rhubarb pie instead of rhubarb tart in one of the songs. He defended it by saying you can't say "tart" in a song, it has to be "pie", because that sounds right, sounds like what you'd say in a song. But this was in a song about missing the country, where everyone calls it rhubarb tart.

I'm not sure if that says anything about singer songwriters, or about Mundy. I mean, he seems like a nice sorta guy. But Mundy, if you're out there, represent, motherfucker. And say tart.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back