Spiders Web. Skinhead shop. Dublin, 1970s (?) (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter Vin
  • Start date
  • Replies 14
  • Views 10K
  • Watchers 4

Vin

I'm looking for more info on the Spiders Web clothes shop which sold skinhead gear in the 1970s/1980s on Middle Abbey St.

Where exactly was the shop?
Who ran it?
When did it open? When did it close?
What did it sell?

Pictures, memories and any other information all welcome.

It sold metal stuff in the 80 and early 90s i think, studded belts, wristbands etc. I used to go in every time I was in Dublin. It was towards the O'Connell bridge end of the street- roughly where that souvenir shop is...if memory serves

Actually the place I'm thinking of was on Westmoreland Street--ignore that last post

Spiders web was on the cusp of upper upper abbey street around the corner from the old dolphin discs shop on Liffey Street, The building would not be far from the luas stop/jervis street. It had a huge mural of a spiders web covering the front of the shop. It sold parallel trousers, triple waist baggy trousers, harrington jackets, doc martens, monkey boots, crombies, cheese cloth shirts, braces etc. I dont remember when it closed.

cheers

bitzy

i got a deadley let them eat jellybeans t-shirt outta FM in 1990 ,stupidly gave it to some german/dutch/swiss/danish girl in the foggy about a month later ,never saw that t-shirt anywhere since!!!

I have a Reading '83 tshirt from FM for the last 30 years... really dodgy picture of Philo & Ian Gillan ( with Sabbath at the time ) arm wrestling on the front. Great line-up on the back... will dig it out and take a couple of pics in a bit...

Re: FM tracks & Threads

... well... a little short of 30 years... you know you're in trouble when you automatically round things off to the nearest decade!!!... anyway.... I give you archeology....
FMttRelic1.jpg

FMttRelic2.jpg

FMttRelic3.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back