The Walking Dead to be TV show (1 Viewer)

I've seen the first two episodes. Because of the subject matter I like it, but it's not amazing or anything. The first episode had several scenes that just didn't make sense. I wish they'd dragged out yer man's realisation of what is happening across a couple of episodes at least. By the way, the ad breaks on american tv make shows nearly unwatchable!

I thought the first episode was deadly. The big problem i have with it is that it doesn't indicate the passage of time very well, but apart from that...

he was in a coma, presumably on life support. who changed his IV? why didn't he die?

why was there power for the lights in the hospital corridor, but no emergency lighting in the stairwell?

he took a garden spade to the face with enough force to knock him out - but not much bruising to show for it

if he was travelling to atlanta why didn't he bring enough petrol with him to make the entire journey?

how long is it since the outbreak? long enough for his wife to grieve his (presumed) death & hook up with his partner? or was that going on beforehand?

when they went back to his house to get his keys they left the door open behind them... that's not very clever, is it?

why didn't yer man move into the police station with his kid (has its own generator, is presumably more secure, and has its own armoury) instead of going back to the house & boarding up the windows?

What Pete says plus:

Main guy walks into a corridor and a door is chained, you see people's hands trying to claw their way out, would this character not try to open the door, let the people out?

He sees a zombie, a woman's torso and head IIRC. Later on he acts as if he hasn't yet seen a "walker".

Getting on the horse just makes no sense, at that point anyway. I don't know if this is in the comic, but perhaps it is explained better there.

What Pete says plus:

Main guy walks into a corridor and a door is chained, you see people's hands trying to claw their way out, would this character not try to open the door, let the people out?

But he knows zombies already exist, he shot the little girl at the very beginning & then opened fire on the over-turned car of zombies before he was shot himself. Eps 2 downloading now, c'mon, hurry up.

the bit with the girl was a flash forward i thought?and the shoot up of the dudes in the car was the real start....
anyway,the door in question had a warning written on it

maybe it was [deleted this episode so can't check] but I thought it strange as to why he was wearing the full sheriff rig-out. Surely no one cares if the world has been taken over by zombies? We should learn a lot more about his mission in episode 2

Jesus lads yiz are reading FAR too much into it... Let it go. Seriously pedantic gripes.
and its very spot on to the book with some great elaborations & improvements. Ep 1 was pretty much the first 2 books.

Why did yer man handcuffed to the pipe hacksaw his hand off? Sher the zombies never even made it through the door.

Also good to see how the women got hold of washboards, I'm sure they had to raid a museum for those.

Jaysus, next thing yill all be giving out about is that theres no such thing as zombies!

Why did yer man handcuffed to the pipe hacksaw his hand off? Sher the zombies never even made it through the door.

Also good to see how the women got hold of washboards, I'm sure they had to raid a museum for those.

i assume its cause he got the fear,if i was in his position i'd probably do the same.although,sawing through the cuffs/pipe would probably be wiser

good episode though,im thoroughly enjoying this series..|..|

i assume its cause he got the fear,if i was in his position i'd probably do the same.although,sawing through the cuffs/pipe would probably be wiser

good episode though,im thoroughly enjoying this series..|..|

My guess is that he was fierce thirsty and fucking shit scared with them geeks at the door. The blade was probably shit & cut easier (and quicker) through his wrist than the metal (see the first Saw movie). All will be revealed next episode no doubt.

As for the washboards. They are in the Atlanta area. Georgia, Alabama, South Carolina surrounds. Farmers. Southerners. Rednecks. Do you not think washboards are still fairly commonplace? Particularly when there are only farmhouses in the area in which to ransack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back