Weezer! (1 Viewer)

I'd say you had to be there.
Personally loving weezer2.0 (from Red album onwards). And I love that they're releasing their 3rd album in 3 years and doing all sorts of odd things. Even if there's a few stinkers on each album I don't care.

Sums it up for me too Anthony.
Change what you are expecting from them (i.e. not Blue or Pinkerton) and what they are currently doing is great.
That American Soccer Anthem - Represent is amazing.

I saw Weezer at leeds fest a couple of weeks ago. They where absolutely gash, you know Rivers doesn't even play guitar with band anymore. He just runs around on stage like an attention seeking pillock. The whole Hurley album cover thing is embarrassing beyond belief!

The whole Hurley album cover thing is embarrassing beyond belief!

Yiz do know that it's not called Hurley because of Hurley from LOST? It's because Hurley clothing funded the record, there's even going to be a Hurley ad campaign with the members of weezer. They threw LOST Hurley on the cover because of the name connection.

Can't wait for the Blue/Pinkerton tour if it does actually materialise.

weezer are like that fit bird from back in the school days,who you bump into in Tesco and she's gotten fat,has three kids and a ronnie

As long as he plays guitar again for the blue/pinkerton thingumy I'm in.

If not, fuggetaboudit

As long as he plays guitar again for the blue/pinkerton thingumy I'm in.

If not, fuggetaboudit

If they brought back Matt Sharp for those gigs it would be golden. Must see what the Rentals are up to nowadays, 7 more minutes was an awesome record.

If they brought back Matt Sharp for those gigs it would be golden. Must see what the Rentals are up to nowadays, 7 more minutes was an awesome record.

Only have return of the rentals.
When I get to 'S' in my mege CD rip, I'll upload Slapdash. Another bloke that came out of the same rehearsal room on Amhearst St., West LA. Haven't heard it yonks, so I can't attest to its quality.

Scott Shriner is a fixture in the band!
Sings as well on some songs.
I very much doubt he would be bumped aside in favour of Matt just for the sake of a tour!!

Via: http://spiralstairsmusic.blogspot.com/

IMG_2197.JPG

wow,on 2nd listen Hurley is a definite return to form, still weezer version 2.0 but has touches of green and blue all over it....

if you've run away from weezer in the 21st century, ignore how horrible they behave and have a listen

For me it's now;
for me
1:pinkerton
2 Blue
3 Green
4 Red
5 Hurley (maybe)
6 Maladroit
7 Make Believe
8 Raditude

Aside from the brilliant Smart Girls I'm still undecided about Hurley. It's sort of overproduced although I think Rivers sounds great on it. A lot of people are saying "return to form" but it's really not that different to Raditude.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back