Pavement...any use? (1 Viewer)

Milker

heard this

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

on that nordy guys after 7 show on today fm....fairly sweet..can anyone nod to an album to get familiar with?

all the old people on thumped think they are better then music in general, i was introduced to them pretty late and saw them live a week ago and they sounded bland to me. one mans rubbish etc... basically they are a collegey band that make great sense against the early 90's and sound a bit like they arent trying, which i think is supposed to be the point. never try.

i think i was given slanted and enchanted or something.

They aren't anything new. They wrote all their music between 1989 and 1999

If you get excited about them you're doing it wrong.

Which says a lot actually

can anyone nod to an album to get familiar with?
Quarantine the Past compilation is the best introduction but Slanted and Enchanted is their best album. Saw them live twice - not a great live band but not car crash stuff either.

heard this

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

on that nordy guys after 7 show on today fm....fairly sweet..can anyone nod to an album to get familiar with?

If you like that tune, then you'll probably like their Wowee Zowee and Brighten The Corners albums. Everybody bangs on about how great Slanted and Enchanted is (and it IS good) but I think it makes more sense if you heard it when it first came out. I started at Brighten the Corners and worked backwards, so BTC's has a special place in my heart. awww

One of my all time favourite bands! if you liked Range Life, you're probably best off picking up Crooked Rain Crooked Rain as that's the album it's on. It's also one of their most popular and accessable albums. From there you will have the joys of working your way through gems such as Wowee Zowee, Brighten The Corners and Slanted & Enchanted etc.

My favourite and the first Pavement album I owned, is Terror Twilight but I think I'm in a minority there.

My favourite and first and ONLY pavement album I own is Brighten the Corners.

and by 'own' I mean, one side of a C90. I think foo fighters were on the other side.

is there a best of pavement?? i was given the expanded slanted and enchanted and it was too long to get into.

I heard young people have shorter attention spans all right. Yeah there is a best of ... it's called Quarantine The Past. Came out this year ... it's deadly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back