Inception - New Christopher Nolan movie (1 Viewer)

The more I think about that final scene the more I get annoyed by it.
when i watched it the whole audience leaned forward in anticipation and let out a dashed-gasp...fantastic experience and thats hard to do man...it wasn't just the scene but the effect of emerging from something dream-like at what seems to be the least opportune moment.
the kids were wearing the same clothes as in the memories, right? so i guess he's still dreaming, all vegged out.

can you explique? not too sure what you mean...did i miss a bit?..only Saito gives Cobb a distressed look upon emerging.

I mean Saito was old by the time that Cobb found him in limbo, even though Cobb had been in there longer than Saito. I mean obviously it's all just a construct anyway, so literal things like age have no meaning I guess, but I just wonder was anything meant by it.

been thinking bout this all day today.
hats off to chris for stretching out a van falling off a bridge for 40 minutes.

also, am i the only one who thought this dude was gonna be in the movie?

william-fichtner-5.jpg

check out the trailer, lukas haas is the spits of him when hes being dragged away from the chopper.

Compared to all films ever ever it was probably pretty good but compared to what I was expecting it was a load of old either:

a) Eiffel Tower
b) Shergar
c) twaddle

The filmakers concerned sure could have used more effective contra-Inception methods for my money at the end of the day all things considered

this was utter nonsense. entertaining nonsense but still nonsense. high levels of groanage. also, why would anyone in their right mind cast pete postlethwaite in their movie and have him in basically a non speaking role? ridiculous

I kind of agree. I thought ones sub conscious could conjure something better to defend itself than men with guns who have bad aim who can't ski well who must chase intruders on foot over rooftops.

I kind of agree. I thought ones sub conscious could conjure something better to defend itself than men with guns who have bad aim who can't ski well who must chase intruders on foot over rooftops.
coz men w guns ARE 'security'..bad aim sure but they did shoot and kill Saito... I imagine the point is that you don't KNOW you're dreaming so the sudden appearance of laser-guided-ebola-spitting vampires as security might seem a bit of a stupid response to kidknappers coz you've been conditioned in general AND specifically to expect the ERU or the DreamGardai when you've been kidnapped. Honestly I haven't enjoyed recounting the movie w others and i'd imagine it was a terrible movie to pitch originally but i went to see it again a few nights ago and sweet jesus the guy can make a movie...the scale and ballsy ambition is fantastic and he has clearly pored over every utterance...narrow emotional insight but a passionate plotter..it still remains a great movie to watch if not to dissect.

Good craic. Very nicely put together. Nice high concept thriller, but nothing particularly mind bending. It's not Lynch, but it doesn't have to be. The ending is cheap as fuck though. It's just silly ambiguity designed to make the film appear cleverer than it actually is.

If the top falls then it exposes the plot as nicely structured, but ultimately too neat. If the top doesn't fall, then it makes no sense whatsoever. There's no seed for that idea earlier in the film, there's no overarching structure that would make any sense for that to be a dream at the end. Whose dream? And when? And why would I give a fuck about any of it so? Silly stuff, that seems solely designed to give a more mysterious lustre than it deserves.
Enjoyable and engrossing stuff nonetheless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back