What IS the most derided subgenre of punk? (1 Viewer)

I think NOFX are deadly, Green Day too. Dunno if I'd think they were shite if I'd heard harder stuff and 'real' punk first, but when all you've heard is radio rock and grunge that stuff is a revelation. NOFX are a gateway drug!

Not really relevant, but Nooly did say black metal...

1175101079999.jpg

Donal?

ska-punk would have to be up there.....but exceptions to the rule operation ivy,ex catherda,culture shock.newtown grunts,spithead,scum of toy town.ak47s.inner terrestrials.but most of its shite to me.

as for emo there is the old hardcore type (again a few exceptions) and the new make up and fringe type...no exceptions

by that you mean bands that were good then turned emo like afi? there first two albums were killer then the 3rd album made you want to kill yourself...

by that you mean bands that were good then turned emo like afi? there first two albums were killer then the 3rd album made you want to kill yourself...

I doubt it. More likely he's referring to the likes of Embrace and Rites of Spring. Actual emotional hardcore as opposed to the bullshit make up and fringe bands like AFI.

It'd have to be 'Paddy Punk', terrible terrible stuff altogether, it's amazing how many of them there
are around the world, I bet there's fuck-loads in Germany!!! How many actaul Irish 'Paddy Punk' bands are there?

no i don't like any afi to be honest....haven't actually really listened to it either

moose was right about what i was on about

for example anomie from france

drummer was only 13 when they started apparently amazing!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llnece7c2t4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1iGXRDeZf4&feature=related

Guilty of dabbling in pretty much all the above :)

Blink were my door to what eventually lead me to punk, but I wouldn't consider em punk, so I don't think they belong on this list at all.

First AFI album is fuckin class. Later stuff is mostly pish.

I like alot of Murphys stuff. First album is awesome, second has some great tracks and there are a few other great tracks spread among the rest.
I used to hate em for their "paddyness", but I think it's just the Boston Irish coming through - they aren't raping it to death.... There're plenty more who are significantly more blatant in their tourist attracting shite peddling.

A day doesn't pass in work that I don't listen to at least 3 Bosstones albums straight through. They're awesome dancey dance tuneage for passing the time. I do believe they invented the word "skacore".

ANyway yeah. Off the defensive.
I can't think of any sub-genre that I 100% hate. The one thing that grates me is the preachey ballix. Great bands who seem to think people are too stupid to listen to their lyrics and so stand their pontificating for half an hour between songs explaining to the illiterate masses.

Love their music, hate their ballicking on - Oi Polloi need their own sub-genre.

Steam Punk rules!

David-Goliath.jpg

Is there music to go along with it? what the hell does it sound like?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back