BEACH HOUSE, Vicar St, Nov 22 - Tickets on sale Thursday May 20 (1 Viewer)

Urchin PR

Website
www.myspace.com
BEACH HOUSE

& special guests

Vicar Street, Dublin
November 22nd, 2010
Doors 8pm

Tickets on sale Thursday May 20th @ 9am €26 (incl booking fee) from www.ticketmaster.ie & Ticketmaster outlets nationwide

Baltimore’s Beach House released Teen Dream on January 25th, 2010 on Sub Pop. It will stand as one of most essential, seductive, beautifully evocative pop records of the year. Teen Dream is their third album following Devotion in 2008 and their self-titled debut in 2006. The band’s last Dublin show in Whelan’s in February of this year was sold out long in advance. Early booking is advised for this show as this will be Beach House’s only remaining Irish date this year.

“Delicate, lovelorn pop”
Pitchforkmedia – 8.5/10

“A record of autumnal beauty, all golds and browns, which evokes with extraordinary vividness a picture of a seaside resort shutting up shop and preparing for less populous months to come… A great new find.”
Sunday Times

“Should be the soundtrack to a misty French film… deeply atmospheric and stirring”
The Guardian – 4 stars ***

“To say this record elevates the band far above the swollen ranks of shuffling shoegazers currently doing the rounds is putting it mildly”
Drowned in Sound – 9/10

“Ever wondered how Nico might sound after a day’s sunbathing? Well, wonder no longer because the gorgeous debut album by Beach House gives you some idea…”
The Times

“Magical folk-pop from Franco-American duo. Recorded in Baltimore but haunted by opium dreams of Paris… there are exquisite moments here that recall Mazzy Star, Nico-era Velvets and even Radiohead.”
Uncut

When Victoria Legrand and Alex Scally returned home to their hometown of Baltimore last winter, they were worn out from touring and travel. But deep inside them hot energies were incubating, ideas they had been whispering back and forth in the wake of their sophomore full-length, 2008’s “Devotion”. By spring they began handing themselves over completely to these impulses, holing themselves up and exchanging ideas in a new, secluded practice space for dangerously long periods of time. As the songs that would become “Teen Dream” began to live, breathe and take shape, the duo were compelled to leave much of their personal lives behind them. “We were forced to let go of people and things we were holding onto as individuals” Legrand muses. “We were dropped into a wilderness, but we had more clarity than we’ve ever had before”.

Still driven to avoid distraction, the two marched further into isolation, deciding to bottle all those wild visions away from home. They packed up their lives and settled into a converted church in upstate New York with producer Chris Coady. For a month they continued the birthing process, sweating and pushing out sounds inside a cocoon of their very own weaving. They chased down songs and dark rushes, the creative telepathy that Scally and Legrand share together taking a strangely physical hold. “There’s a different level of intimacy, and physicality, on Teen Dream”, Legrand explains… “Rhythmically, there’s a new motion. This record touches you”.

Teen Dream is the sound of a band bursting at its creative seams. It is without question more expansive and moving than anything they have shared before.

well that was forgettable, maybe you have to know the original?

Play me the hit

Good band, and they were brilliant the last time I saw them (two years ago, I think, when they were touring Devotion, missed out last time due to it selling out). Coming around to the opinion that their first album is the most interesting so far though, the next two are both very solid but they lose a bit of that eerie vibe. Surprised to see them becoming the latest indie phenomenon, I thought their stuff was too low key and lacking in hit potential to be picked up on like that, fair play to them though.

how about this. it's a daniel johnston cover and it's great
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

i prefer this version...

next Monday

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back