Restaurant Recommendations (1 Viewer)

meeting my sister later for some food. were both skint so reccommend somewhere nice and inexpensive.

A bit late, I know, but The Cedar Tree on Andrew Street does a great 3 course early bird for 17 euro. If you like Lebanese food - hummus, fallafel, taboulleh, halloumi, kafta...I'd really recommend it.

A bit late, I know, but The Cedar Tree on Andrew Street does a great 3 course early bird for 17 euro. If you like Lebanese food - hummus, fallafel, taboulleh, halloumi, kafta...I'd really recommend it.

Nice one! Thanks for the tip

went to marco pierre stock cubes last night.
had the rib eye which was amazing as was the bread and butter pudding.
the menus are great as well, photo of marco on the back of each one.

If you like that, there is also the Lebanese place up by Portebello Bridge. They do really nice Mezzes....big plates with a bit of everything. And their fallafel sandwiches are great too.

i second this a cedar tree. yum yum.

This page hasn't moved in yonks. So here's a few.

Bates in Rathdrum. The best restaurant I've been to in Ireland possibley ever. Great atmosphere, great food. Great service. Reasonable prices. Lovely pints! Local meat, fish and veg cooked beautifully without loads of messin. Worth the drive. (The Wickow Heather in Laragh is also very nice)

Pablo Picante- New burrito bar on baggot street. It has gotten a few mixed reviews in the area and people are slow to pay 6 yo's for what in Ireland is called a 'wrap' and is usually filled with muck, but they are filling a long neglected spot in my diet and it gets my thumbs up. Very nice, well spicy, refried beans and black beans, etc.

The Gravediggers Pub in Glasnevin- Doing a tapas style menu for lunch and dinner till about 8. Small plates of food for cheap. The wife and I went and had a meal and two drinks a piece for 40 euro's including tip- Fish cakes, salads, stew, home made wedges and bajjis. Not much for the pure veggies, bar lovely pints of Guinness.

Cibo- Next to King Sitric in Howth. 3 courses and coffee for 19.95. The place has a lovely view of the harbour and Ireland's Eye and loads of old jazz records framed on the walls. It's been great everytime I've been there, but I've heard they can be a bit flaky. Fish is good and the steaks are big. Good selection. Half portions of desert are perfect.

Unbelievable as it may sound, my folks had a great food holiday in Ireland over Xmas. Prices were good because of the recession and the fact that with two kids under the age of 3, you always get the early bird. I was still surprised as they are real foodies and found a whole lot to offer here.

The Gravediggers Pub in Glasnevin- Doing a tapas style menu for lunch and dinner till about 8. Small plates of food for cheap. The wife and I went and had a meal and two drinks a piece for 40 euro's including tip- Fish cakes, salads, stew, home made wedges and bajjis. Not much for the pure veggies, bar lovely pints of Guinness.

only went to the bar for the first time recently...nice pint of plain in 1950's ireland...imagine my shock when i moved into the lounge
and saw the tapas menu!

they finally let me into the winding stair last week.
had the clams with brown bread to start. chewy.
pork belly with onion mash for mains. crackly.
got the kind of service you see in magazines.
AAAAAMAZING

finally got to munch in green19 on sat night.
my burrito was horn inducing.
nice place, large group of butch dykes next to our table.
win.

I was there a while ago too. It's brilliant. It's cheap .... the food is really good .. the staff are nice .. why can't all restaurants be like this? Or even just a few of them?

Had dinner in the newly reopened Mulligans in Stoneybatter this evening. Black pudding with beetroot relish starter and free range pork belly main. Both were delicious. Starters are a fiver, mains are fifteen. Dessert was Molly's chocolate stout mousse which was lovely too.

They've just started serving food so the menu is limited at the moment and changing daily. I think they serve until around 8pm.

Had dinner in the newly reopened Mulligans in Stoneybatter this evening. Black pudding with beetroot relish starter and free range pork belly main. Both were delicious. Starters are a fiver, mains are fifteen. Dessert was Molly's chocolate stout mousse which was lovely too.

They've just started serving food so the menu is limited at the moment and changing daily. I think they serve until around 8pm.

Been folllowing these guys on Twitter & Facebook.
Looking forward to getting in & trying them out.
Looks good.

Have been hearing good things about that place alright.

It's on the list of places to try.

Had a gorgeous rib-eye steak in Mastersons, in Swords, on Friday night.

ah, this old thread.

finally got to chapter one a few weeks back. was fantastic, white pudding starter was incredible. very pleased, and not too pricey.

also, on a brunch tip, herb street down at grand canal dock is bleedin' deadly. best brunch in town, and very friendly place. white pudding is served inside the black pudding, only magic

visited Against the Grain on Wexford St last week which is located where Feile was. Had a lentil stew for €9 which I really enjoyed (burgers and other mains about €10-€12 I think). Great selection of beers too - Irish craft beers, some stuff like Blue Moon and Sierra Nevada on tap and lots of bottles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back