Giving up the smokes (2 Viewers)

Cause my God complex is still in full flow I cant understand why anyone would want to give them up, no matter how wheezy one is. But I doubt Id smoke as much as yee a day. As I only smoke 10 a day and then maybe 25 or less if im going out that night etc.. But I can proudly say that even if some one was to give me a box of rotting lung for my brithday I wouldnt be turned off smoking, Id probaly blow smoke in their face. All because Ive got a god complex.

So in conclusion does this mean that when you start caring about their effects and stuff, are you loosing yer god complex thus becoming that old cranky bastard you promised you never would?

I cant even understand that and I wrote it myself......
You ever want to kick your teenage self up the hole?

Anywho fast forward 4 years and I've decided I want out. I wish I still only smoked 10 a day, it keeps increasing and increasing.

I was brought back 200 smokes and when they are finished its good bye.

Thinking of using those nicorette inhaler things and reading the alan carr book any use?
Did ye gain much weight?
Did your skin improve?

Definitely feel much healthier (and financially better off) as a result of not smoking any more. Didn't gain much weight because of not smoking, made sure I drank lots of water instead of substituting food or sweets.

May take a while to get past the coughing stage, but it's worth it, and drinking lots of water will help out there too.

Good luck Roisin :)

good luck Roisín!
im 3 weeks off them again today.
i give up every january till holidays / summer.
except i have no bet on this year so its all on my own back. that and i cant afford it anymore anyway!

I just got asked how much of the 200 I had left. When I annouced 40........

I got them last tuesday.

I'm glad to see this thread still here.
I went to the Doctor on Monday cos I couldn't breathe. He told me I'd be dead in ten years if I didn't quit smoking. For real.
So I'm 24 hours off the fags. Never even tried before. But I'm never going back.

See this post here, dated 6 July 2006?
That's the last time I smoked people!!

I just got asked how much of the 200 I had left. When I annouced 40........

I got them last tuesday.
buying cartons is a bit scary. it's like, "jesus, i'm gonna smoke all of them...." but then it's also like, "yeah! i'm gonna smoke all of them!"

Right first smokeless 24 hours as gone by. I have had the nicorette inhaler in my mouth all day. The Alan Carr book did nothing for me.

The non smokers in work are fucking boring though. Everyone else outside smoking away, me sitting inside looking at the wall.

yak, if i wanna smoke i've to go out, lock the door, take the lift 5 floors down and stand in the snow, let myself back in, wait 5 minutes for the lift to open-close-open-close-open-close-declare itself out of order-close-open-close-work-let myself back in by which time i need another fag

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back