My passport is a bit dishevelled. (1 Viewer)

Scientician 0.8

Supporter
Contributor
Would it be a good idea (and is it possible) to get a new one before the renewal date? It was issued in 2004 but looks a lot older, ragged around the edges of the photo etc. This is with a view to visiting the United States within the next few months.

Would it be a good idea (and is it possible) to get a new one before the renewal date? It was issued in 2004 but looks a lot older, ragged around the edges of the photo etc. This is with a view to visiting the United States within the next few months.

Think 'what would a terrorist do?' and do the opposite....a spanking brand new one might give the impression you've something to hide.

You should be able to have it renewed no problem (for the usual fees). As long as you remember to register with USCIS in good time before you travel (using the new passport number of course) you should be fine.

US-ers should be more accepting than most of a new passport as many of them only renew or obtain passports when they intend to travel imminently. And if it is looking a bit raggy they might think it's been tampered with.

(p.s. yeay, glad it looks like you'll be going to the States :))

If it was issued in 2004 it may not be machine-readable and will be ineligible for entry into the United States.

they do some jiggery pokery if you have an old passport, to deal with that, according to a conversation i half-listened to last week.
it was someone i know who's going over for a study visit for a few months with an old passport and they had some way of sorting it out

they do some jiggery pokery if you have an old passport, to deal with that, according to a conversation i half-listened to last week.
it was someone i know who's going over for a study visit for a few months with an old passport and they had some way of sorting it out

Just to be clear, by "jiggery pokery" nooly means standing you on a bucket, with a bag on your head and 14 thousand volts coursing through your testes via a pair of crocodile clips while being forced to shout "Mohammad sucks dog's cocks, I renounce Islam and all it's teachings" in a prison boat moored off the coast of Sierra Leone.

Just to be clear, by "jiggery pokery" nooly means standing you on a bucket, with a bag on your head and 14 thousand volts coursing through your testes via a pair of crocodile clips while being forced to shout "Mohammad sucks dog's cocks, I renounce Islam and all it's teachings"
sure we used to that to each other for the craic growing up in the country, when no-one could get served in the offy
or other things with a similar value of fun

A friend of mine's password was "broken" on the back - by that I mean she overloaded her suitcase or something and the hard back part with the photo sort of broke (but it all stayed together).

She thought she'd need a new one but went into the garda station and they told her she was grand. The airport crowd were grand about it too. Although she was flying to Luxembourg - I imagine the yanks are a bit more testy about these things.

I went to Israel a few years ago with a brand new passport (was due to expire the week I was going so I applied for a new one), they didn't like that at all. Wanted to know where my old one was, apparently "I left it at home, it's not much fúcking use now that they've cut the corners off it" wasn't the right answer.

If the Yanks say anything you should say "yeah well at least I travel outside my own country you thick redneck fúck"

Happy holiday.

I went to Israel a few years ago with a brand new passport (was due to expire the week I was going so I applied for a new one), they didn't like that at all. Wanted to know where my old one was, apparently "I left it at home, it's not much fúcking use now that they've cut the corners off it" wasn't the right answer.

Think 'what would a terrorist do?' and do the opposite....a spanking brand new one might give the impression you've something to hide.

y'see!!..take it easy...they might even find out you been discussing online how best to gain entry to their Arcadia..if its electronically id-able i'd leave it be.

course Willie O' Dea might lash a few semtex grams into your laptop case to see if our sniffer dogs are any use

If the Yanks say anything you should say "yeah well at least I travel outside my own country you thick redneck fúck"

Happy holiday.

did you pronounce the fádas on your U's?
as in "redneck foook"

I'm thinking about flying over to Toronto, was just wondering if they're strict over there? My passport is a year old but went through the washing machine, its in fairly got condition though, the main page with my photo and details is the same just a few empty pages towards the back have that water crinkly effect and some strangish blackish spots

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back