What movie did you watch last night? (14 Viewers)

A few I've watched over the last month or so:

Anchorman. See above.

The Mist. Awful, painful to watch, completely unscary, way too many goofs.

Crank. Very good at the start but towards the end it just got too preposterous. Definitely worth watching though.

Hell Boy 2. Deadly. The german guy cracks me up.

The Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. Brilliant movie.

The Wrestler. I'm halfway through this. It's hard work. Could do with a bit of a story.

That new Sherlock Holmes movie. Not great. The Prestige was good but that was like 5 years ago. Can't keep re-making it. In fairness it's not the worst thing ever.

The Searchers. Meh. Doesn't deserve half the praise it gets.

The Wild Bunch. Totally brilliant.

Badlands. Awesome movie. It's like a poem.

Elite Squad - pretty good, but not near as good as City of God.

The White Ribbon. It was ok but I think it went over my head. Couldn't see what all the fuss was about.

Badlands is a great movie but out of rest (mostly horrible) films you have listed, you hated The Mist? I thought it was very entertaining. Come to think of it, I liked The Mist and Eden Lake for the same reason... the ending.

Badlands is a great movie but out of rest (mostly horrible) films you have listed, you hated The Mist? I thought it was very entertaining. Come to think of it, I liked The Mist and Eden Lake for the same reason... the ending.

Yeah, well re The Mist I thought the characters' motivations were fairly unbelievable. Like the way the Judge thought everyone was over-reacting despite obvious evidence to the contrary. The cgi was really obvious. And also the over use of a Dead Can Dance tune towards the end was kinda annoying too. TBH, I thought the end was funny/stupid as opposed to scary or horrifying - maybe that's just me. Also, couldn't stop cracking up everytime Dr. Spock below tried to act:

sam-witwer-fujifilm-and-vault-host-the-mist-new-york-city-premiere-after-party-0z2P3Z.jpg

It could be one of those things where when you read the story you're almost inevitably going to be disappointed with the movie. I was anyway.

Apart from that it's not bad.

I saw Sherlock Holmes there the other day.

i'm torn between the fact that it had the worst, most forgettable dialogue i've seen in a long time and that that all the acting was quite good. It also suffered from Murder She Wrote syndrome in that you could never EVER possibly guess what was going to happen so it all seemed a bit pointless.

Still though, first good role Jude Law has had since..... Enemy at the Gates? or maybe A Series of Unfortunate Events if you want to count a voiceover

I'm a huge Holmes fan - so i was prepared to be especilly forgiving about this film...

The bits that i enjoyed outweighed the bits I hated - granted I drank a pile of cans during it which prolly helped...

I did like the idea that Holmes gift was also a curse socially where he noticed the bad in everyone...That was sorta original.

The bromance was the thing that turned me off the most really - Holmes and Watson bickering like a married couple was a bit much at times...

I liked Mark Strong in it - I always thought the idea of an Aleister Crowley type villian would go well with Holmes (though Blackwood wasn't really that much like AC)..http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0110280/

Watched Bowling for Columbine for the first time in years last night. Ended up shouting at the screen a few times. The whole canada section almost made me leave the room, his facts/numbers frequently don't add up or contradict themselves, and his blatant attempt at publicising himself during the Kmart section was vile. Plus it's frustrating that he didn't actually attempt to guess or investigate why america has such a problem with gun crime, he just went "huh huh, militia men are crazy, and the government kills a lot of people, and oh look, charlton heston. Job done." Tosser.

PS yeah i know i'm about five years too late with this, i just haven't watched this film in years.

the best bit is when he leaves the portrait beside a tree or something ("I'll just put this here") and then walks off in tears

I liked the bit in the canada section where he uses footage of himself walking past a black family in a theme park to show there's loads of non-white people in canada, then two minutes later shows the rest of that footage where the black dude turns out to be from detroit and remarks that there's no black people in canada.

big_fan_poster.jpg

Awesome

Up_in_the_Air_Poster.jpg

Awesome (though I knew I'd love this before I watched it)

Whip_it.jpg

Wasn't as good as I was expecting, a general "ok" movie

poster_an_education.jpg

Amazing cast all doing amazing performances but the plot was a bit slight and you could call what would happen within the first twenty minutes.

I love DVD Screener season

autopsy_poster_01.jpg

Weird, confusing, puzzling, convoluted Giallo packed with bad dialogue, over acting, corpse fucking, naked dead babes, attempted rape and 'twist' ending..

Pretty entertaining...

^ By far my absolute favourite film of last year, that. ZACHARY QUINTO WHY THE MAGIC? WHY?

But I also have to say, An Education, in my opinion was damned near perfect. It even made me like Dominic Cooper who I have spent the last few years in fisticuffs with.

autopsy_poster_01.jpg

Weird, confusing, puzzling, convoluted Giallo packed with bad dialogue, over acting, corpse fucking, naked dead babes, attempted rape and 'twist' ending..

Pretty entertaining...
yeah, but mimsy farmer, barry primus and ray lovelock? are these not the greatest names ever assembled?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back