Scorsese, Allen, Aronofsky&others join "FREE POLANSKI" petition (1 Viewer)

i'd imagine he was none too pleased.

Jack_Nicholson.JPG

"you did WHAT in my gaff?? jesus, polanski!"

From http://chrismm.dreamwidth.org/577422.html?view=1709454:

A list of famous people who aren't supporting Polanski

Kevin Smith (verified Twitter)
Michael Cudlitz (Twitter)
Jay Smooth (Twitter)
Greg Grunberg (verified Twitter)
Luc Besson(Most of the way down the first page of the article)
Bill Maher (Twitter)
Lexa Doig (one more here) (Twitter)
Kirstie Alley (verified Twitter--not a single tweet here, just her Twitter page, because she is on FIRE and has been posting all day; her starting tweet is here. :D She made me cry a little bit.)
Javier Grillo-Marxuach (Twitter)
Noel Clarke (Twitter)
George Stromboulopoulos (Twitter; also see ide_cyan's comment for transcript of a talk show dealie)
Jewel (verified Twitter)
Jake Tapper (Twitter)
Toure (Twitter)
Andy Borowitz (Twitter)
Carrie Brownstein (her blog on NPR's site)
John Legend (verified Twitter)
Steven Page (Twitter)
Neil Gaiman (verified Twitter) (YAY!!! OMG, whew.)
Jeaniene Frost (Twitter)
Coe Booth (Twitter--there's a lot more tweets--there's a whole conversation between several YA writers)
Maureen Johnson (Twitter--ditto)
Justine Larbalestier (Twitter--also ditto)
Lizz Winstead (Twitter--she's a co-creator of the Daily Show)
Marie Brennan (LJ)
Jim Hines (LJ)
Jack Cafferty (CNN blog)
Sherri Shepherd (Twitter--more tweets, I just picked two)
Hart Hanson (Twitter--creator of Bones [the TV show]) (Also, I love this quote.)
Alison Arngrim (article, she's about half way down the page)
Sasha Frere-http://twitter.com/sashafrerejones/status/4477234168Jones (Twitter)
Alison Sweeney, Jillian Michaels, Lisa Kudrow, Tom Morello and Patricia Arquette (CNN Video, in the order that I listed them--all good, except that Patricia Arquette uses the "it's a complicated blahblah," which I'm pretty tired of hearing because no, it's not.)
Eve Ensler (Huffington Post)
Martin Gero (Twitter)
Paul Cornell (Twitter)
Andrew Vachss (Twitter)
Kristin Cashore (blog post)
YouTube - Chewbacca on Roman Polanski (Link added--YouTube video)
Mo Rocca (verified Twitter)
Peter Sagal (Twitter)
Melissa Gilbert (Twitter--link is to TwitLonger)
Dennis Miller (Fox News interview: o_0 [heh])
Alison Winn Scotch (Twitter)
Eugene Robinson (Washington Post OpEd)
Bo Zenga (LA Times article--he's in the last two paragraphs and the first part is nothing you haven't read before, if you've kept up on this at all)
Chris Daughtry's wife, Deanna (Twitter)
Arnold Schwarzenegger (CNN--also folks have quoted Arnold as saying he won't pardon Polanski, if they can get him over here, but I can't find a link for that.)
Allison Anders (blog post)

Thought that was the Oxbow Eugene for a second. Polanski'd really be in trouble then.

whats the difference between this and the ryan report? i thought we set a standard of non punishment with that, shouldnt we uphold it?? hypocrites...

From Reuters:

After much consideration, swiss judges have ended deliberations by proclaiming the "Free Polanski" list to be on the whole "96% more famous than the Anti-Polanski twitter list".

Swiss magistrate Daniel Devaud dismissed Polanski Protestors as "mostly z list hacks", adding that the addition of Kevin Smith only served to further force the hands of the Swiss judiciary.

The French director will be released on tuesday and is said to be eager to get back to work on his much vaunted teen horror/comedy, "Swim team", starring Abigail Breslin and Dakota Fanning.

At least he has friends in high places

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/oct/08/france

The French culture minister, Frédéric Mitterrand, last night faced calls for his resignation over an autobiography published four years ago in which he described paying "young boys" for sex while travelling abroad.
Mitterrand was the first major political figure to leap to the defence of the film director Roman Polanski when he was arrested in Switzerland last month facing deportation to the United States for having had sex with a 13-year-old girl there in 1977.

Mitterrand's impassioned comments in support of Polanski, who had initially faces charges of rape, and against an "a frightening America", were controversial and the French government eventually distanced itself.
But Mitterrand's critics on the political extreme right and the left have now questioned his suitability for office over his self-confessed penchant for "young boys" in Bangkok.

Wow. He makes movies. That makes him having sex with a thirteen year old girl SO much better. It's his art that's the main thing right?

*headdesk*

i'm wondering where's the faction pointing out that his films aren't actually that good? chinatown was good because jack nicholson was in it. repulsion was laughable and slightly 'psychological' in a half-assed popular psychology kind of way. the pianist was the laziest kind of holocaust schmaltz, made memorable by the lead actor, who was ace. and they're his famous films. polanski isn't at all impressive, there are plenty of competent directors who deserve the attention this little choad is getting.

everyone knows the only reason you're not a paedo is cos you're terrifying to children at 100 paces ansd you can never get hold of em

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back