What Book Did You Read Last Night??? (3 Viewers)

Hit Eason's on the way home and picked up
virgin-suicides.jpg

and
hemingway-fwtbelltolls.jpg

Started on Virgin Suicides. Only a few pages in, but good fuck, it's well written.

2 fantastic books. For Whom the Bell Tolls is one of my favourite books. Its the best Hemingway I've read. Its fantasic all round.

Thats a first edition in the picture above there. They have a copy in the window of that little rare books bookshop on Duke Street (off grafton street). I think it might be signed by Hemingway too. It costs a couple of grand.

I'm on East of Eden by Steinbeck. Its very good but it still hasn't settled down. 100 pages in and hes still introducing characters and describing their backgrounds, etc. Its shaping up to be a good one though.

I'm re-reading Ireland's favourite famine best sellers, Under the Hawthorn Tree and it's sequels. Well i say re-reading but I think I was 9 when I last read them.

They're a bit crap but it's to be expected

Finished. Fucking hell. Best book I've read since....since...eh....Middlesex.

Recommended.

its pretty deadly alright. I've rarely felt as conflicted about whether I should be laughing or crying when reading a book. The man is a genius really - having that ability to be humourous while telling such a tragic tale. And I love the narrative too. Pretty great reading.

its pretty deadly alright. I've rarely felt as conflicted about whether I should be laughing or crying when reading a book. The man is a genius really - having that ability to be humourous while telling such a tragic tale. And I love the narrative too. Pretty great reading.
About 100% my thoughts.

Just finished Andrew Pepper's Second Pyke Mystery, The Revenge of Captain Paine.

Definitely worth a read, although probably best start with the first one. Yes, it's historical fiction but there's lots of violence, sex, dead bodies, guns... Even the odd ginnery. Which frankly we don't have enough of these days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back