A comprehensive list of decent baby changing facilities about town* (1 Viewer)

Goodbye

*and yeah I do mean Dublin... Sorry folks.

Powerscourt, top floor. Great since security put an end to the staff using the room for a sit down.

Marks and Spencer, grafton st, second floor. Private room, with loo for your own pissing needs too. Also has outer room with leather armchair for feeding. AC is a bit loud, but great spot.

St Stephens Green centre. Top floor. Always a bit busy and always some two year old boy having a strop and the mother baten the shite out of him, but other than that, the other two listed above are near enough.

The MArket bar, have to ask for a key, so you'll need to prolly order something, but grand and right next to Road.

IFI, again you have to ask for key, but they don't seem fussed. No strap on the changing table though and its a bit rickety. The bin is too small for "fuller" nappies.

National Gallery. Great spot. Big doors lots of room both upstairs and down. FYI upstairs EVERYBODY can hear you sing Rubber Duckie.

Jervis St, weird little cubicles. Open plan. Sher it'll do.

Tower records, above easons. Small, can just fit buggy in. Grand spot that you would never think of.

Cleary's of O Connel st. Disgusting shithole. Ultra-violet lights to dissuade junkies. The foldy downie changing table is covered in cigarette burns. Avoid like the plague. Tower is just across the street.

Ilac centre. Good few private rooms. There is ALWAYS someone in a wheelchair banging on the door while you are in there though (and hit the roof if you don't fold the changing table back up)(Is there a stigma attached to handicap facilities and baby changing usually being in the same room?). Apart from that, layout is similar to national gallery facilities.

Feel free to add. All the good little spots should be shared.

Sticky?

Brown Thomas, Grafton Street - Nowhere near as swish as you'd expect. Had to ask a. where it was and b. for the key. Facilities are shared with the disabled jacks & suffers same problem as Ilac with our wheeled brethren banging on the door, complaining & rolling eyes, etc.

The super-train, brilliant! that'll be handy when I'm at a loose end on the northside ;)

Also, it would be handy to include location, what floor and a little synopsis with recommendations.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|

Ro - Bewleys
Milker - Arnotts
Please elaborate...

The Epicurean Food hall.
Baby changing in the wheelchair toilet in the Men's.
Its dark and unwelcoming but gets the job done if your in a rush.
You have to ask for a key.

The Epicurean Food hall.
Baby changing in the wheelchair toilet in the Men's.
Its dark and unwelcoming but gets the job done if your in a rush.
You have to ask for a key.

Really!!
I'm always in there and never knew they had BCF
Nice one.

Also home to an airblade if memory serves.

As does the Swan Centre in Rathmines, but has awful BCF. Long narrow room, ZERO room to maneuver with a buggy as well.
Is there an alternative in Rathmines?

IMMA

Even has BCF in the GENTS!!!1

Mazin

Open plan, big awl space, could do with a shelf on hand and a more buggy friendly door, but still BCF in the Gents! Rapah

There was a queue of at least 6 buggies outside of the ikea baby change room last time I was there. Looks like there's only room for one at a time, stupid considering the number of customers.

Koh on Millenium Way has a proper changing table, (not a foldy down off the wall one) with cotton wool, wipes & nappy bags provided. Its in the wheelchair accessible toilet.

Lobby of Chester Beatty library in Dublin Castle where the Silk Road cafe is has one of the nicest and quietest around.

Speaking of Dyson Airblades - I thought the point was that they used cold air so as not to breed germs - what's the story with all the knock-off versions using hot air. Can these people not let go of the hot air thing? It never was a good idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back