The Next Election (2 Viewers)

Wobbler

Website
www.discogs.com
Last time I voted for the Greens. I was hoping to see an FG/Labour/Green coalition. I'd never vote for FF anyway but last time I was especially angry with them, over the whole Bertie thing. I reckoned Greens were very unlikely to go into government with FF and even if they did, I thought it would be a massive improvement on the previous FF/PD coalition.

So, in the meantime and specially in the last 6 months or so, I've lost an enormous amount of respect for The Greens, I never really liked FG but now I think they're a fucking disgrace. Such poor opposition.

Labour have been good though. I'm no expert but both Gilmore and Burton have impressed me. They seem to know what they're talking about and are asking the government the right questions. I'm delighted to see them perform so well in the polls.

Fianna Fail appall me. I'm no radical left winger but the way they have targeted the old, the special needed children and the low earners has made me really angry. Thery have to go.

But, their decline in support is just transfering to Labour. I don't doubt for a second that if the numbers add up (and they will), we'll be facing into another Fianna Fail led coalition.

For that reason, I will be voting Fine Gael, as the only non-Sin Fein party who are unlikely to form a coalition with Fianna Fail.

Flame away.

what of the 'vote for fianna fail so they can sort out they mess they created' argument?

Leo Varadker is a horrible creation. I mean, how can you attack Fianna Fáil from the right? But he and his horrible craven little party manage to do it. Where else would this happen? Israel?
We're all looking at 15% reductions made up of taxation and pay cuts, except for high earners who pay enough tax as it is. That's his take.

Bank robberies, terrorism, extreme nationalism.

well consider it like this, fianna fail have no problem robbing banks, except thier methods are very different, theyve no bother robbing the elderly either. terrorism is a really naive term thats become part of the western mind on the back of bush doctrine, and surely if you look at the use of the gardai in rossport or tara, or the tactics regarding the property boom, its more terrorism then the occasional media stunt, and you must remember that the violent section of shin fane are people who grew up in an occupied war zones, rather then suburbia. the fact that some of them are contained at any political level isnt essentially negative. nationalism isnt a sin, no matter how the bbc paint it.

i'm not a shinner, my basic point is that i dont see a difference between fianna fail and the shinners. i'd say the fact that fianna fail have owned rte for so long would have some bearing on the public opinion.

the green party only function well as a lobby group, as they cant please the money people and stay true to green issues, by accpeting the shinners as being too much to vote for you propgate the two party system.

Leo Varadker is a horrible creation. I mean, how can you attack Fianna Fáil from the right? But he and his horrible craven little party manage to do it. Where else would this happen? Israel?
We're all looking at 15% reductions made up of taxation and pay cuts, except for high earners who pay enough tax as it is. That's his take.
yep he's an ass and he got in instead of Joe Higgins, which makes it all the worse :(

Unless Labour come out with an actual viable economic plan their chances of capitalising on the success of that last poll will disappear.

Course I won't be voting anyway so I don't really count.

Everyone should vote independent, that way no party would be able to form a coalition. The ensuing chaos should shake them all up.

well consider it like this, fianna fail have no problem robbing banks, except thier methods are very different, theyve no bother robbing the elderly either. terrorism is a really naive term thats become part of the western mind on the back of bush doctrine, and surely if you look at the use of the gardai in rossport or tara, or the tactics regarding the property boom, its more terrorism then the occasional media stunt, and you must remember that the violent section of shin fane are people who grew up in an occupied war zones, rather then suburbia. the fact that some of them are contained at any political level isnt essentially negative. nationalism isnt a sin, no matter how the bbc paint it.

i'm not a shinner, my basic point is that i dont see a difference between fianna fail and the shinners. i'd say the fact that fianna fail have owned rte for so long would have some bearing on the public opinion.

the green party only function well as a lobby group, as they cant please the money people and stay true to green issues, by accpeting the shinners as being too much to vote for you propgate the two party system.

sinn fein have a very long way to go before being convincing as a party that could actually run the country. remember gerry adams talking about economics in the last election? completely out of his depth. although fianna fail are hardly doing a decent job themselves...

in fairness it was Bertie et al that has the country in the shitter.

Their big money was coming from property tax. When the property market tanked, and only everyone in the fucking planet knew that was on the way, there was no money left to pay for things.

Not seeing this coming is a pretty big fail.

The local elections candidates locally are all being nice to me asking for links to community groups. I'm loving the fact I can tell them all where to go as I'm not allowed to support any political party in my work. They'll do anything when it's election time and completely take the piss the rest of the time

sinn fein have a very long way to go before being convincing as a party that could actually run the country. remember gerry adams talking about economics in the last election? completely out of his depth. although fianna fail are hardly doing a decent job themselves...

i wasnt really defending the shinners as such, i'd just think its better not to have a rte opinion of them.

I sort of get the impression now that Ireland is over run with clueless wanker politicos who would have a hard time running any sort of medium sized company, let alone the Irish economy. Or lack thereof.

The Greens are just at the forefront of this shower of muppets.

Stuck between a rock and a hard place so you are lads.

I should shut up though. I was in the US last election, and i didn't vote because it was really annoying and I'm a sap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back