ISPs providing addresses of p2p users to the IRMA? (1 Viewer)

the mp3 format is hugely inferior to the 44.100 / 16 nature of CD audio files. even at their highest, a distinct and remarkable loss of sound quality (particularly with regard to the extreme high and low frequencies of audible sound) occurs. the mp3 format is completely inferior to CD. and the music notably suffers as a result.

i was just thinking this last night, i was listening to zero by the smashing pumpkins (yes i know) and it came to the guitar solo, which i remembered as great sounding, and it sounded like shit. so i started thinking this load of madness:

mp3 to my knowledge clips 'inaudible frequencies' to save space. now inaudible frequencies on their own are inaudible, but when they are the upper end of a pitch shifter solo like in zero they are physically and harmonically reacting with each other as they move air, creating harmonics.

harmonics in english is basically to notes reacting with each other to create new notes.

now as far as i'm concerned, mp3 is going to harmonically subtract from the song every time, and it made me want to buy everything in vynil and grow my beard antisocially longer.

What if you have NTL broadband? Are you okay then?

And can they really monitor material being downloaded from sites like Rapidshare, Mediafire, etc.? I mean, how do they know what's in the file you download?

can't wait for the "eircom goes bankrupt when they are forced to cut off the connections of 90% of their customers" headlines

can't wait for the "eircom goes bankrupt when they are forced to cut off the connections of 90% of their customers" headlines

Thats a valid point.Who'd keep their phone service even if they got kicked off broadband.

And can they really monitor material being downloaded from sites like Rapidshare, Mediafire, etc.? I mean, how do they know what's in the file you download?

exactly what i was thinking as well.

i have nearly completely stopped downloading give or take some new albums i am dying to hear.
if i do download it is always in the form of a rapidshare

exactly what i was thinking as well.

i have nearly completely stopped downloading give or take some new albums i am dying to hear.
if i do download it is always in the form of a rapidshare

I'm the same myself,it was a bit of a klondike scenario for a year or two there but now I hardly d/l anything.

Mind you,with the recession it'd be handier than ever.

Theres nothing to stop people sending dvds full of tunes to each other via an Post.

That'd show them.Power to the pirates!

Theres nothing to stop people sending dvds full of tunes to each other via an Post.

That'd show them.Power to the pirates!
I used to do this for years when ruralish ireland still only had 56kb internet. Had 25000 albums and about 800 movies when i stopped (aka got to college and got a proper internet connection). Had four 250 cd wallet things full of cds of music and two of movies. No idea where they are now, wish i still had them etc.

i was just thinking this last night, i was listening to zero by the smashing pumpkins (yes i know) and it came to the guitar solo, which i remembered as great sounding, and it sounded like shit. so i started thinking this load of madness:

mp3 to my knowledge clips 'inaudible frequencies' to save space. now inaudible frequencies on their own are inaudible, but when they are the upper end of a pitch shifter solo like in zero they are physically and harmonically reacting with each other as they move air, creating harmonics.

harmonics in english is basically to notes reacting with each other to create new notes.

now as far as i'm concerned, mp3 is going to harmonically subtract from the song every time, and it made me want to buy everything in vynil and grow my beard antisocially longer.

MP3s encoded at 320 kphs are ok.

When I make a mix I burn the vinyl tracks into audacity and convert to mp3 at that rate. Files are bigger but the sound quality is worth it.

"As part of the settlement, the record companies will supply Eircom with the IP addresses of all persons who they detect illegally uploading or downloading copyright works"

wait, how will the record companies detect downloading IP addresses to give to the ISP???

You don't really search rapidshare. You search the Internet, and a link to a rapidshare account might be provided via a blog, a message board or on some aggregator page. So unless it's possible to monitor what people are googling, I don't see how record companies could do this. And also - just because someone is googling something, that's no proof that they're downloading it. I really don't see how this could be monitored. Another thing - going after the downloaders will never, never work. You cut one head off, two more grow in its place. Also these consumers are the people who are, ultimately, putting food on the table of the record company and ISP folk. Really stupid thing to do, biting the hand that feeds you like that.

You don't really search rapidshare. You search the Internet, and a link to a rapidshare account might be provided via a blog, a message board or on some aggregator page. So unless it's possible to monitor what people are googling, I don't see how record companies could do this. And also - just because someone is googling something, that's no proof that they're downloading it. I really don't see how this could be monitored. Another thing - going after the downloaders will never, never work. You cut one head off, two more grow in its place. Also these consumers are the people who are, ultimately, putting food on the table of the record company and ISP folk. Really stupid thing to do, biting the hand that feeds you like that.

Is there not some fancy google search you need to know?

look at the way the Isle of Man decided to handle the problem compared to Ireland!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2009/jan/20/isle-of-man-unlimited-downloads

far more progressive.

to get an album aoboa on rapidshare just do the following:

google - "artist name album name rapidshare"

to get it from a blog just add the word "blog" in after rapidshare!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back