Were you at any of these gigs? (1 Viewer)

waiting for someone to say

'If everyone who says they saw Sonic Youth / Nirvana in 1991 was actually there, then the crowd would have filled the RDS'.

the correct response to that most annoying quip is

'If you disbelieve everyone who says they saw Sonic Youth / Nirvana in 1991 then there would have been NOBODY at it'.

Which was not the case.

The Top Hat was a great gig. I remember the cheer that went up when the roadies brought out Thurston's large rack of guitars after Nirvana had finished. Bought the t-shirt for that one. Went to Reading a couple of weeks later and bought the t-shirt for that one too. The year punk broke an' all...

I was at a rake of gigs in the top hat.
Metallica x 2, Ozzy, Suicidal Tendancies, Anthrax infamous walk off, Faith No More, Slayer, I dunno, loads of others.

Bought the t-shirt for that one.

At that gig I got an indelible footprint on my Goo t-shirt. Which I thought was the greatest thing ever. Then my mother went and THREW IT OUT. Because it was dirty. Yes indeed. Punk rock days.

Also went to the Sir Henry's gig the night before, which was brilliant. I went up to Kurt Cobain after their set and said "Nice set!" or something - he just said "Fuck off, kid" and walked away. I still dine out on that one.

At that gig I got an indelible footprint on my Goo t-shirt. Which I thought was the greatest thing ever. Then my mother went and THREW IT OUT. Because it was dirty. Yes indeed. Punk rock days.

Also went to the Sir Henry's gig the night before, which was brilliant. I went up to Kurt Cobain after their set and said "Nice set!" or something - he just said "Fuck off, kid" and walked away. I still dine out on that one.

I made an attempt to join the mosh for Nirvana. Bad idea. There were some huge punks going mental and I had to get out of there fast.

My ma refused to wash my Nirvana shirt because it has 'motherfuckers' written on it. That was the least of it really. Crack smokin'?

Jesus and Mary Chain with The Perfect Disaster [NOT THE PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS] the year before.

Yup, and raced across town to see Primal Scream at the Trinity Hallowe'en Ball after the JAMC. I was in black-clad Scottish indie boy heaven.

The Perfect Disaster were that year's ubiquitous support band. Jo Whiggs was the coolest thing about them, was delighted when she joined the Breeders. Whatever happened to her? Other than this? http://www.discogs.com/release/148753

I missed that gig sleeping off jetlag.
My mum said I looked too peaceful to wake me up.
Even though I had ordered her too.
Bah.

Yup, and raced across town to see Primal Scream at the Trinity Hallowe'en Ball ....

Oh I was at that too. It was the first gig I ever blagged my way into.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back