Clash night tonight on bbc4 sat tv (1 Viewer)

Will have to record this....there was some Joe Strummer proggie on Wednesday night, on one hand it was great to see a legend and on the other hand I cringed listening to some of his later stuff, as far removed as Punk as you could get.
esides that there was interesting things I learned about him and also how he acquired his later musical tastes and how he got his head together to write songs.

Will have to record this....there was some Joe Strummer proggie on Wednesday night, on one hand it was great to see a legend and on the other hand I cringed listening to some of his later stuff, as far removed as Punk as you could get.
esides that there was interesting things I learned about him and also how he acquired his later musical tastes and how he got his head together to write songs.

here, how do you handle Sandinista! and all that later Clash stuff like Sean Flynn? Do you just ignore it or do you like it or what? Genuine question.

JoeStrummer08.jpg

here, how do you handle Sandinista! and all that later Clash stuff like Sean Flynn? Do you just ignore it or do you like it or what? Genuine question.
Sandinista overall was good (I am a fan of their version of Dub) I was referring to the later stuff that Joe did after he left The Clash.

I have moved on from Sandinista though, its like when people hear you like Punk they mention Pistols/Clash/Ramones.... I lsitened to that stuff 24/7 for years!!! I am one of those people that swaps CDs from the tray b4 song 5/6 gets on!!

tht thingh on bbc4 wasnt jst tht don letts documentry does anyone know, im pretty tired of watching tht. im jst happy were all talkin bout them, its very rare on this forum

If you're looking in a mirror it would be. ;)
Actually me and me mate went in for the tatts together and he got the Eric Cantona portrait on his arm, large one mind, guess which got the most attention in Majorca a few weeks later....

Ze Frenchie......

mmm I musta being outta touch as didn't realise the Shea gig was an official release, the torrent is excellent quality anyway.

Sandinista overall was good (I am a fan of their version of Dub) I was referring to the later stuff that Joe did after he left The Clash.

I have moved on from Sandinista though, its like when people hear you like Punk they mention Pistols/Clash/Ramones....

ah yeah of course, just you always give the impression on here that you only like four to the floor straight forward punk music when that's obviously not true

Not sure what you mean by the description but my favourite form of Punk is 82 chaos Punk type stuff as well as some Anarcho Punk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back