Dinosaur Jr. (1 Viewer)

David Kronenbourg

Solutions
just got into these recently after years of not really paying any attention. anyway, got your living all over me. it's fucking brilliant. can anyone tell me where to go next? was about to pick up without a sound in tower but thought i'd better check it out here first.

probably be shouted down by dinosaur jr. purists, but "where you been" is definitely one of the better albums to start on, having said that you can't go too far wrong with any of them really.

skip the albums and go straight for the horrible shoes.

dunk_sb_dinosaur_jr2.thumbnail.jpg

If you like YLAOM you should really head onto the first self-titled one, especially if you're into the more noisey and psychedelic side of things. I don't know why it hasn't been suggested already? That album has some amazing songs on it...

After that get Green Mind and either Bug or Without A Sound

I have a few albums on cassette. Some cool tunes but the way he sings grates after a while...stop groaning J

Rewind to the first album, then get Bug and the Fossils singles compilation (soooo good). That should keep you busy and very happy for a good while.

Then you're into Dinosaur Jr part II, which although familiar sounding is a different prospect post Barlow. Green Mind and Where You Been are both amazing records, but things start to slide a bit with Without a Sound. Still a good album, but it's essentially a Mascis solo record and he starts to over indulge himself. Hand it Over has it's moments but has similar problems to it's predecessor (Alone - urgggghhhhh).

Still don't think I like the reunion record.

thanks for the advice y'all. i think i'll go with the ian's advice cos i gather from the responses that they've been consistently quality throught their career.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back