Drumanacoo (2-day) Punx Picnic, Donegal (1 Viewer)

Pissed off i had to miss it, Did anyone tape any bands???

The EMC guys that were doing the sound in the main hall recorded most bands that were playing there. I havent heard them yet but they got some great stuff and will most likely be posting them on the drumacanoo punx picnic myspace to keep the festival alive and kicking!.|..|

They may not be rockstars 24/7, but as soon as they're about to head to the stage the rockstar attitude comes out.
I've known Peter for years and he's told me all the tales.
I was at Drumanacoo and saw the aftermath, saw Chris cuddling up to the pigs and saw the band give everyone the fingers as they zoomed off back home.
All in all, a fair reason for my opinion.
For once your talking sh*t. I used to like your sarcastic postings of filth but not any longer....|..|

Jasper doesn't need to apologise for anything. Neither does anybody else involved in running the gig.

I agree Jasper has absolutely nothing to apologise for, I nor Blood or Whiskey ever asked for an apology or anything of the sort just an explanation as to why it all went pear shaped when stage times were arranged in advance and a promoters/organisers view to maybe balance the one sided blame game in the aftermath, yes Blood or Whiskey take full responsibilty for their actions and apologise to all involved for what happened but there were other factors and people involved that has already been covered on this forum so no point going back over it.

I think some lessons can probably be learned from this though, that even at DIY events structure and organisation are important to avoid any conflict, I understand Jasper couldn't be in two places at once but a stage manager or someone with a calm, sober head and strong personality could have nipped this in the bud before it spiraled out of control, events don't always run themsleves, I speak from 10 years of putting on gigs of all shapes and sizes, and sorting out fights on and offstage, some that involved extreme violence and injuries, personally I hope in time there is no hard feelings, I can't speak for the band but from my own point of view I know most of the guys in Kidd Blunt, Byrneos etc and am happy to have a chat in person over a pint at the next gig, and not in cyberspace, cheers

I didnt mean to imply ye were askin him to apologies, just because of the situation he felt he had to.

Anyways fair enough if a row happens people are going ta talk about on here , but does every single thing that happens need 40 pages of whingin about it?

Seemed like everyone had a good time overall.

In the ten or so years ive been going ta punk gigs there have always been fights, thankfully now its a wild lot rarer than the likes of the temple a few years ago and as some of the aul' boys mentioned on previous thread was alot worse before that.

If ya get a rake a people in one place with a pile of drink , shite will sometimes happen.Its not a good thing, can completly ruin a buzz, loose a venue etc. but it happens

Not excusing people acting like arseholes but ...

The EMC guys that were doing the sound in the main hall recorded most bands that were playing there. I havent heard them yet but they got some great stuff and will most likely be posting them on the drumacanoo punx picnic myspace to keep the festival alive and kicking!.|..|

i hope they didnt fuckin tape us, i was pissed as fuckkkk!!! not to mention the copyright infringement laws, afterall i want to make a carrer out of my band just like every other punk band does.!baggyyyy

just seen this on myspace.Brings back memories(just about!)
punx1.jpg
punx2.jpg

DRUMACANOO
DRUMACANOO

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back