Drumanacoo (2-day) Punx Picnic, Donegal (1 Viewer)

their stage time was agreed at 12.30 by the promoters a week in advance of the festival, they went on when they were supposed to

They knew fucking well we were supposed to play before them. It was running over and they played when we were supposed to. Who says they should play INSTEAD of us? The clearly fair thing to do was split the time left between the two bands, but they were completely unwilling to do it and got shown up as the arse holes they are.

They knew fucking well we were supposed to play before them. It was running over and they played when we were supposed to. Who says they should play INSTEAD of us? The clearly fair thing to do was split the time left between the two bands, but they were completely unwilling to do it and got shown up as the arse holes they are.

Take that up with the promoters Stephen, that still doesn't justify forcing the band off stage by violent means...and then complaining when the situation gets out of control

No - because it was Blood or Whiskey's decision to take over the stage. We were standing there ready to go on - next band in line to play. That's how it works; not suddenly reverting to original stage times because one band thinks they're more important than other bands. They went against the procedure that was in place and refused to behave fairly. The aggro would never have started if they hadn't been such dickheads in the first place. It wasn't Oxegen - it was a DIY punk festival, different rules apply than big professional gigs. If it's running late everyone makes concessions to see that everybody gets to play. It's clearly fair. They didn't play fair and got given a load of abuse because of it. Don't try and pretend they were in the right - they were well out of line.

And, to be fair, Blood or Whiskey did indeed act a bit like dickheads as their selfishness in wanting to play resulted in Kidd Blunt not playing. For fuck sake, when they asked if the crowd wanted more BoW the chant wasn't "one more song" but it was "Kidd Blunt" and i did hear that clearly even from near the porta-loos at the entrance of the camp site. The crowd made clear who they wanted to play yet BoW went on anyway.

I am not saying that they didn't have a right to play, but as Stephen said, they should have had the decency of splitting the stage time with Kidd Blunt as they knew perfectly there wasn't enough time for both bands doing a full set.

they should have had the decency of splitting the stage time with Kidd Blunt as they knew perfectly there wasn't enough time for both bands doing a full set.[/quote]

wasn't their fault that everything ran late, blame the organisers or the other bands that didn't get off stage when they should have, again thats why you need a stage manager or someone to call the shots even at a DIY event, still doesn't justify throwing a cymbal case at someones head..Chris is off work for the week with a badly gashed leg...now that wasn't cool whoever wants to hold their hand up to that

interesting! this is deffo a job for joe duffy! everyone tune in an see if he can figure out what the fuck everyones actually on about :)

only messing of course! im a sympathizer towards all things gone pair shaped!

Did Janer get any pics or vids of this? Or Moose? Mad dying to see what the place was like, still a bit pissed I couldn't go.

ah relax young lad! there's still oxygen! u can go see the very credible rage against the machine! rally round your wages for a ear full of shit!

Yeah I saw Janer taking a shit load of pics. And Mark Derelict aswell. They'll probably go up over the next few days

wasn't their fault that everything ran late, blame the organisers or the other bands that didn't get off stage when they should have, again thats why you need a stage manager or someone to call the shots even at a DIY event, still doesn't justify throwing a cymbal case at someones head..Chris is off work for the week with a badly gashed leg...now that wasn't cool whoever wants to hold their hand up to that

Ok, whoever did throw the cymbal case is not justified, but neither are BoW for throwing their weight around and forcing their way by playing before Kidd Blunt when they were supposed to play AFTER them.

I do not doubt the fact that there was quite a lot of disorganization when it came to the actual stages, yet the fact that everything was running late does not mean that BoW can act rockstars and impose their will to play before Kidd Blunt when the arrangements were other. Furthermore, all week-end things ran late yet all other bands managed to play ok because everyone did go a bit out of their way to make sure everyone played at least 15 minutes but that didn't happen with BoW. How do you explain that?

Yes and why is that? Because they played when they were not supposed to, stealing another band's slot not even trying to meet Kidd Blunt half way and splitting the time left. It ain't that difficult to grasp or understand.

I do not doubt the fact that there was quite a lot of disorganization when it came to the actual stages, yet the fact that everything was running late does not mean that BoW can act rockstars and impose their will to play before Kidd Blunt when the arrangements were other. Furthermore, all week-end things ran late yet all other bands managed to play ok because everyone did go a bit out of their way to make sure everyone played at least 15 minutes but that didn't happen with BoW. How do you explain that?

Good point. Shows the difference between DIY Punk and Career Punk.

It kicked off because they continued on to play and wouldn't stop after that. They were clearly the instigators and provokers of the tension by their selfish actions. The way things were being done was that the line up continued as planned, albeit later. At the time Kidd Blunt were supposed to go on Kidd Blunt should have played a shorter set and then Blood or Whiskey should have done the same thing. By forcing their way on first it is undeniable they were being dickheads. Bringing up the ultra lame point that they were told to play at half twelve and half twelve is when they had to play is bullshit. No one buys that and it's a shit attempt at trying to save face.

There was an obviously fair way to do things and they decided not to do things that way. The end.

Did Janer get any pics or vids of this? Or Moose? Mad dying to see what the place was like, still a bit pissed I couldn't go.
No I was inside the main hall watching Paranoid Visions, for some reason I assume thats were the violence would be, being a photo journalist can ya blame me!

No I was inside the main hall watching Paranoid Visions, for some reason I assume thats were the violence would be, being a photo journalist can ya blame me!

Haha...I should have amde that more clearer. I was just asking for general pics and vids of the weekend.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back