U:Mack in association with Grand Social Present Fucked Up (1 Viewer)

U:Mack in association with Grand Social Present Fucked Up
Posted by Space
The Grand Social
Saturday, January 19, 2019 - 07:00 PM
Until: Saturday, January 19, 2019 - 11:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Space

is deep
Supporter
Solutions
U:Mack in association with Grand Social
Present
Fucked Up
Saturday January 19 2019
Grand Social
Doors 7pm
Tickets: Ticket for Fucked Up

Fucked up return to Dublin on Saturday 19 January 2019. Tickets on sale Wednesday 15 August at 10 am. New album "Dose Your Dreams" is released on Merge on October 5. Tickets here: Ticket for Fucked Up

the incomparable Fucked Up! The collective have outdone themselves with their forthcoming double-album epic Dose Your Dreams, out worldwide on October 5 via Merge (save for Arts & Crafts in Canada). Reserve your copy today on 2-CD, 2-LP, and yellow-in-clear “creamfruit” Peak Vinyl in the Merge store, where you can bundle any format with an exclusive Fucked Up t-shirt. In addition, all pre-orders in our store will receive a free button and a two-sided poster featuring the cover art, while supplies last. You can also pre-order the album through these participating independent record shops or your preferred digital music service.

In addition to new tour dates in North America, Fucked Up are announcing this fantastic news with “Raise Your Voice Joyce,” the first single from Dose Your Dreams. It marks a return to the group’s perennial hero David as he encounters the revolutionary sorcerer Joyce Tops, who lives in a garbage bin behind his work, set to an incendiary Buzzcocks-inspired stormer

Here is an excerpt from the Owen Pallett-penned bio:

I was sent an unfinished version of Dose Your Dreams so that I might contribute string parts. I couldn’t stop listening to the rough mixes I received. A friend asked me how the record was. I replied, “My God, Fucked Up have made their Screamadelica.”

And psych-rock-groove it is. The drums mixed wide, propensity for drones, for delay pedal, for repetition, groove. The politics and aesthetics of hardcore married to an “open format” approach to genre. Elements of doo-wop, krautrock, groove, digital hardcore.

pre-order Dose Your Dreams, and your very own Dreamsday will come soon enough. Never a band content with releasing just one version of a hit song, Fucked Up are also putting out a limited 7-inch featuring a different mix of the single and a non-LP B-side, so make sure to add “Raise Your Voice Joyce” b/w “Taken” to your cart as well!

Facebook event page:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back